Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Safe place to stay in Seattle WA

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 05:15 PM
goofey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safe place to stay in Seattle WA

Heading out to the northwest from Illinois at end of June. We were going to spend a couple days in Seattle to see the Space Needle and whatever else there is to see.I would like to know a safe place to stay that I can park the bike and still have it to ride home. If anybody can recommend a reasonable motel and give any info on what to do there I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Old 06-10-2015, 06:43 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 82 Likes on 41 Posts

Hope someone in the know comes on in because im curious also about staying downtown.

I was there about 5 years ago and rode around the Olympic Penn. and stayed on Baimbridge Island then took the ferry (boat!) across to Seattle and felt it was easy to get around Seattle w/ the ok public transportation and on foot. Went from the Space Needle down to the ball parks. Ate some fish on the waterfront, did the Pikes Public Market. Great city...the views from the ferry boat were pretty damn good.

I did not feel unsafe there on the Island and they had many hotels which were reasonable in price.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:03 PM
goofey
Cruiser

Thanks, how long does it take to catch ferry?

Old 06-10-2015, 07:34 PM
goofey
Cruiser

Also wondering how rough the water is if you have to tie down bike?

Old 06-10-2015, 07:36 PM
woodman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 363 Likes on 361 Posts

Staying on Bainbridge Island and riding over on the ferry was/ is a great .
The Alaska Cruises have started so Seattle prices are high.
Another spot would be at the airport and ride the train in to town . It drops off by the football and baseball stadiums.
One can always stay out on the Island and ride the bike in to town. Motorcycles move to the head of the line and are loaded after bicycles and before cars. So no matter how long the ferry line move to the front in the bike waiting area.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:39 PM
woodman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 363 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by goofey
Also wondering how rough the water is if you have to tie down bike?
No the ferrys can handle the sound. No tie downs needed. A 35 minute ferry ride to Bainbridge and on a bike no waiting move to the front of the line. Ask at booth they will tell you.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Michael knowles
Tourer

I like the Warwick hotel plus it's close to the needle. Metropolitan has an awesome bar or the restaurant. They have like the 65 oz steak, nineteen fifties style steakhouse.
Filson store clothing made for the Yukon in Seattle. Have fun lots to do & see.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:36 PM
goofey
Cruiser

Thanks Woodman the Island may be the way to go since the ferry is not going to be as much trouble as I thought. Probably a lot more relaxing on the Island than the city.this post may come up twice since I hit the go advanced button the first time. Thanks again

Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm not too fond of Seattle all around.
That being said I don't think I felt unsafe there. Space Needle is a looong wait, just FYI.
The first time I went there (15 years ago) I stopped at the McDonald's at the ferry pick up. I was threatened because I tried to go to the bathroom. There was a guy who sold his drugs out of it so he didn't want me in there. After he said he was going to kick my @$ ś I told him if he tried I would kill him. He then stepped out of the way. There were people shooting up and smoking pot right or the front door.
This was quite awhile ago though.
Bainbridge Island was very scenic though, definitely would not miss. Like was said the ferry is fine. There was a lot of bikes on it just on their jiffy stands.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:06 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I go to Seattle about twice a year for job training. City center area (think Space needle) can be pretty spendy. I just spent 3 nights on the companies dime at the Courtyard at South Lake union. The room was $811.00 and parking was $27.00 a day + tax. The Holiday Inn is less expensive but still pretty pricy. When I go on my dime I stay at the La Quinta by Seatac airport. They have free parking out front and in the parking garage and they have a free shuttle that will drop you off at the train. From the ball park its a cheap cab ride to city center, pikes market etc... the busses are free around old town.

If your planning to spend a few days be sure to check out the 69.00 "City Pass"
2 trips up Space Needle, Seattle Auquarium, Argosy cruises harbor tour, EMP Museum or Zoo,
Pacific Science Center or Chihuly Garden and Glass
(Ive never had more than a 15 min wait at Space needle) EMP is a must!

Quick Reply: Safe place to stay in Seattle WA