Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2017 cvo street glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:04 PM
Litterbox
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by niteman
I'm on my way to the dealer to sign the papers,a little nervous since I never spent this much on a bike before but I guess it will be well worth it.Thanks for all the input from everyone!
AWESOME CONGRATS!! Post some PICS.......

Old 01-27-2017, 06:02 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by niteman
I just put a deposit on a 2017 cvo streetglide,I'm trading in my 2017 street glide special am I nut's? are the cvo's worth the extra $'s. I love my streetglide but the cvo really caught my eye.My dealer is giving me a great trade on my 2017 I'm just on the fence with this whole deal.Do the cvo's hold there value better then a regular bike?
Here's my opinion, and opinions are like navels, everybody has one and the're all different. First let me say I love my SESG. Back in 2010 it was an 11K (55%) premium over a standard street glide. A little tough to justify but the bike is exactly what I want. 2017, a 16K ((74%) premium over standard. In my opinion, that high of a premium isn't justified. However, nobody NEEDS a CVO. If it is what you want and makes you happy, go for it.

As for resale, they are worth more than a non CVO model but I don't know if you would call that holding their value. Using NADA as an example (I know they aren't totally accurate), a 2010 street glide has a high retail of 13K. A 2010 CVO street glide has a high retail of 17K. So, while the CVO is worth more, the actual $ depreciation is much greater. Again, JMO.

The following users liked this post:
niteman (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 11:40 PM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,135 Likes on 347 Posts

I would keep the 2017 M8 Special and the Night Train...LOVE the FXSTB and yours looks like a MINT example with deep flawless paint. The Trains are always attention getters and pu$$y wetters...

niteman (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 03:22 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Harley Davidson motorcycle standard or CVOs are NOT an investment item.

They are meant to be enjoyed in the wind!

Just saying.

YB

niteman (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:08 AM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Harley Davidson motorcycle standard or CVOs are NOT an investment item.

They are meant to be enjoyed in the wind!

Just saying.

YB
I couldn't agree more YB, however I will say that I owned a few stock HD's in my time, and once I made the proverbial leap to my first CVO in 2014, I'll never go back to a standard model. Don't get me wrong, I will still spend a few thousand customizing my CVO to make it mine, but all the other features that come standard with the CVO make it easier to "enjoy the wind therapy" we all experience when we ride.

niteman (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:45 AM
jayhantz7
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! The new M8 motors have had me thinking of possibly upgrading again.

I couldn't agree more with some of the other guys on here. After owning two other Harley's (DWG and a FB) and now having a 14 CVO RK, I couldn't be happier. The upgrades, the look, and the bike just feel right. They hold their value well, and Yellowbird hit the nail on the head saying they aren't made for investing, just for enjoying.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in this section that disagrees with "owning a CVO is the best decision I made" and most that jab at us are jealous in my opinion.

Congrats again, and looking forward to seeing pics and seeing you on the road.

niteman (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:24 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

I didn't trade my 68 xlch for the CVO, i wouldn't have. I sold the Sportster about 45 years ago for 2 times what i paid for it new, (new family, baby, and house) and all it had on it was a new seat and straight pipes. However i still miss that bike and regret selling it.

I do enjoy my CVO and so will you, they are just that nice.

Last edited by 68 XLCH; 01-28-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
joe106
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhantz7
Congrats on the purchase! The new M8 motors have had me thinking of possibly upgrading again.

I couldn't agree more with some of the other guys on here. After owning two other Harley's (DWG and a FB) and now having a 14 CVO RK, I couldn't be happier. The upgrades, the look, and the bike just feel right. They hold their value well, and Yellowbird hit the nail on the head saying they aren't made for investing, just for enjoying.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in this section that disagrees with "owning a CVO is the best decision I made" and most that jab at us are jealous in my opinion.

Congrats again, and looking forward to seeing pics and seeing you on the road.
I agree 100% just don't put to many miles on her if your thinking of trading in, cause they ain't worth crap then!!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 01:24 AM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love my CVO RG, she's an absolute peach. Had it since new, one owner bike yadda yadda.
That said, the new CVO paint schemes the past few years have left me wanting more, let alone no new CVO RG Custom.

That being said, I'd REALLY doubt I'd go CVO again. For the $18k difference (from a SG special to a SG CVO) I could do an S&S 124, 21" wheel, different fenders, AND custom paint, along with stereo etc..

As for holding their value? Retail on mine in '13 was $40k (Cdn), and couldn't get any better than $26k early last summer (16). So not overly convinced on them holding their value any better / worse than anything else…

Just my experience, ymmv

Old 01-31-2017, 12:02 PM
niteman
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

I went to the dealer to close the deal on the cvo s/g,my salesmen says to me "why don't you take it for a quick ride" so I said what the hell $37,000 bike I might as well.So I go for a short ride about 12 miles and I'm having a big problem with signing on the dotted line after my ride because It did'nt knock my socks off in performance compared to my m8 sgs with the stage 1.Don't get me wrong the bike is beautiful hands down,but If I could close my eye's while riding I really can't tell a big difference between both bikes.So out the door I went still trying to justify the extra dollars.Maybe if a put a stage 1 on the cvo it would wake it up some?

Quick Reply: 2017 cvo street glide