Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2017 cvo street glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 08:19 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by niteman
I went to the dealer to close the deal on the cvo s/g,my salesmen says to me "why don't you take it for a quick ride" so I said what the hell $37,000 bike I might as well.So I go for a short ride about 12 miles and I'm having a big problem with signing on the dotted line after my ride because It did'nt knock my socks off in performance compared to my m8 sgs with the stage 1.Don't get me wrong the bike is beautiful hands down,but If I could close my eye's while riding I really can't tell a big difference between both bikes.So out the door I went still trying to justify the extra dollars.Maybe if a put a stage 1 on the cvo it would wake it up some?
I would have to say your about accurate on your feel. The new M8 is an awesome package 107 or 114. I rode a 17 RG last September and had not yet purchased the CVO 17. And I truly felt the 17 RG non CVO would take my 15 110 SG CVO. If you were coming off a 16 SG and had never ridden the new 114 M8 CVO the bike would be in your garage. For me personally I have run the numbers many of times and I like the extra chrome, speakers on the bags, the lowers which deflect the air and more protection, the paint scheme, seat, wheels...etc. And yeah if that does not excite you then just trading for a little extra power it ain't worth it. Because start adding all the extras I just mentioned and you will be at the CVO price. And for me the look says it all LOL.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Interesting that you did not feel that big of a difference between the 107" and the 114". Of the few reviews out there on the 107" with the stage 3 upgrade, most are saying wow at the difference. There's at least a 10 foot pound difference in torque and I thought the hp difference was pretty substantial. Sure it wasn't holy chit, this is a lot a dough!

Don't forget that awesome looking rear fender and stretched bags...

Old 02-01-2017, 02:43 PM
coach127
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

No I traded a 17 Limited for my CVO SG after 3 weeks and 3k miles. Do what you need to get what you want. I wanted more stereo without spending 5K.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:11 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Your feet will warm up once you get the CVO home.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:00 AM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,141 Likes on 347 Posts

I say keep your already new 17 SG Special and cherish the 'Train. You will miss it if you deal it in...trust me. The CVO's are always nice but you already own 2 great bikes and if the CVO didn't speak to ya that says it all. Nothing worse than buyers remorse and I say this once more....trade that NightTrain and you will be joining the thread on previous rides you wish you had kept.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:29 AM
niteman
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wide glider
I say keep your already new 17 SG Special and cherish the 'Train. You will miss it if you deal it in...trust me. The CVO's are always nice but you already own 2 great bikes and if the CVO didn't speak to ya that says it all. Nothing worse than buyers remorse and I say this once more....trade that NightTrain and you will be joining the thread on previous rides you wish you had kept.
I agree with you 100%!! Thank's for your in put.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:41 AM
CheefASRC
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
Welcome to the CVO forum club. And if your on the fence on asking the CVO forum owners (LOL) an opinion on a answer. Well I'd say your asking the wrong ones LOL. Of course your gonna love a CVO and you'll never go back to the basic model again. And yeah any non- CVO owners here reading don't get all riled up. As far as value to the basics series. LOL it's a toy to enjoy and she will lose some money and depends on a lot of variables. But how do you put a value on FUN? For me it's an investment of fun and ain't young forever so I take advantage of fun. As far as the loss on value oh well. How many of your friends go on cruises and world vacations or just vacations and spend thousands never to be had again?
You play big and pay big I guess would sum it up. Heck just buy a nice car and 20k-30k depreciation over time, boat is huge, RV is huge so in summing it up the bikes are chump change in loss of value in comparison to so many other so called fun factor activities. And I am not partial here just look:

WOW beautiful scoots! Im on the fence about trading my 15 SGS on a 17 SG CVO

Old 02-02-2017, 07:26 AM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
.......And yeah any non- CVO owners here reading don't get all riled up.

This did make me laugh.....I bought a CVO Breakout this December and it already came with many of the extras my wallet bled cash for on my previous 48. It is very much down to personal preference and the depth of your pockets. CVOs over here especially the Breakouts are very much sought after and most are sold before they reach the showroom.

A comment from a fellow Brit on a UK based forum.....

"I nearly went for CVO but apart from the engine the rest is an add on you can do for thousands less and it's not even stage 1 ! Personally it's a nice bike but is designed to look mean and street but in reality just says rich ***** bike!"

Pricing up the engine, fly by wire technology, wheels, USD forks, twin discs, Daymaker and LED lighting fitted as standard together with the myriad of other standard features on the CVO and the price difference between standard Breakout and a CVO the above statement does not hold much water especially if the dealer and their workshop fees do the upgrades required. As for the 'rich ****' bit....I wish I was instead of being shrewd when it came to upgrading. To the original OP I am sure you would not be disappointed if you do decide to commit? For me it was a 'no brainer' as I only have one bike at a time.

Last edited by K9F; 02-02-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Royalt
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Trade

Traded my 16 SGS on FLHXSE and im glad I did I managed to get all my money back except 2500 so thats not bad and I got a break on the new one .

The following users liked this post:
jcr1800 (12-01-2019)
Old 02-02-2017, 08:48 AM
CheefASRC
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

shes a beaut RoyalT

Quick Reply: 2017 cvo street glide