Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2017 CVO Boom Audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 526 Posts
Default 2017 CVO Boom Audio

So my CVO Limited will be in soon and I was talking to the shop manager about options for Boom Stage 2. He said in addition to the 4 speakers I would need an additional amp and wiring harness plus 6hrs labor. On my current 12 FLHTK I installed a J&M 500 watt amp to push the front speakers and the lower fairing speakers. The radio powered the rear speakers like it did from the factory. So my question is can the Boom amp that comes in the new bike be configured to run Boom Stage 2 fairing speakers and let the radio power the rear speakers? I may upgrade everything later but I was looking for a less expensive short term fix to get a little better sound quality from the front speakers.
Thanks

Old 02-13-2017, 04:47 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:00 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

I can't believe that you can spend that amount of money on a CVO and it doesn't come with tour pack speakers and amp or saddle bag speakers and an amp. I have the 2017 CVO Street Glide and it has two fairing mounted speakers and an amp, along with the two saddle bag speakers and an amp. That is more than enough power and sound to make anyone deaf.

That said, I really don't think you will need tour pack speakers and lower fairing speakers with amps for each. I would suggest that tour pack speakers and an amp would be more than enough power and sound for you and a passenger regardless of wind buffeting that you may experience. IMHO I think that adding lower fairing speakers is overkill with the new Boom Audio Stage II kit. They are so much louder than the original Boom Audio systems.

The following users liked this post:
Mofo67 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks BA, I rode the SGCVO same color as yours and the stereo sounded really clear and nice volume. On the Limited they use the stage 1 speakers and 1 amp powers all 4 speaker, 2 fairing 2 tour pack. What I would like to do is figure out how to have the front amp reprogrammed to only power the front speakers with a stage 2 speaker. Then let the radio power the back speakers until I can get the additional amp for the back and covert it to stage 2. Basically looking for the same set up you have but I don't think my dealer knows enough about the set up and is trying to sell me 2 amps and $600 in labor.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:20 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

you need the following equipment, its all plug and play except for the flash the dealer needs to do before turning the system on.. Each amp powers 2 speakers. Your existing will power the front, and you need one additional to power the rear tourpak speakers and the kits.
Fairing Speakers 76000524 329.95
Tour-Pak Speakers 76000526 $329.95
Tour-Pak Speaker Install Kit 76000585 $249.95
Tour-Pak Amp 76000277A $499.95

There might be a few additional wiring harness's needed I will let you know...

If interested, send me a PM for I have speakers and an amp...

Old 02-14-2017, 02:00 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

the amp that comes in the cvo ultra (same as my cvo rgu) is a 4 channel amp. it has 75 watts per channel. (2 for the front, 2 for the back). You can't run all 4 to the front only speakers.

and BrokenAnchor.... that's what I've been screaming since I bought my CVO RGU.
I paid $4K+ more (retail pricing) than you did for the CVO SG. Why don't we get the same Boom Stage 2 sound system as you and the extended saddle bags????
Ok, yea we get the tourpak, but thats what the $4K difference should be.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:12 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

Silver Eagle, that's insane. I would have figured that if you bought a CVO the MoCo would at least hook you up with Stage II Boom Audio with two fairing mounted speakers and an amp, along with two tour pack speakers and an amp. The fact you guys have to upgrade to Stage II Boom Audio for a CVO is absurd IMHO. Like you said, you pay an additional $4k + over the price of a CVO SG and get the tour pack, but you have to upgrade sound and extended saddle bags to boot. I would argue it would be cheaper to get the CVO SG and just by the tour pack and have it colour matched and it probably wouldn't cost the $4k.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:17 PM
hikervt
Banned
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenAnchor
Silver Eagle, that's insane. I would have figured that if you bought a CVO the MoCo would at least hook you up with Stage II Boom Audio with two fairing mounted speakers and an amp, along with two tour pack speakers and an amp. The fact you guys have to upgrade to Stage II Boom Audio for a CVO is absurd IMHO. Like you said, you pay an additional $4k + over the price of a CVO SG and get the tour pack, but you have to upgrade sound and extended saddle bags to boot. I would argue it would be cheaper to get the CVO SG and just by the tour pack and have it colour matched and it probably wouldn't cost the $4k.
I couldn't agree more. I would have thought all the CVO's came with the same setup for the $$$.

I absolutely love my 2017 Street Glide Sound system. The 2 amp, 4 speakers are enough to wake the dead or at least keep them walking

Old 02-14-2017, 03:28 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hikervt
I couldn't agree more. I would have thought all the CVO's came with the same setup for the $$$.

I absolutely love my 2017 Street Glide Sound system. The 2 amp, 4 speakers are enough to wake the dead or at least keep them walking
I totally agree with you. My sound system is insane and can blast through any buffeting or traffic noise.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member

I priced out the tour pak, mounting hardware, luggage rack, passenger floorboards with adjustable mounts and was about $3,000. The HD painted to match TPak alone is $1,599. I then considered the other things like heated seat, rider backrest, heated grips, garage door opener, lined tour pack and saddle bags and thought based on my pre-Rushmore Audio experience the upgrade to audio would be easy. Well I was wrong.
Thanks for all of th great feedback. I guess I'll just enjoy stage 1 until I recover from the purchase of the new bik.

Quick Reply: 2017 CVO Boom Audio