Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2004 CVO SE Deuce any issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 PM
2012UltraLimited
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2004 CVO SE Deuce any issues?

I was hoping for some feedback on the 2004 CVO Deuce. any issues that I should know before purchasing (good and bad). I am trying to make a decision over the next few days on a used one with 15000 miles (25,000 ish kms). thanks in advance for your input

Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 PM
SuperJoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had two 04 se Deuce's. It's my current ride again now. No problems to speak of other than the quality of the chrome is sub par in my opinion. Mirror mounts and tach holder are peeling and some other chrome just looks shitty. The wheels were also know to chrome peel. The bike overall is excellent as it was hand built rather than running down the assembly line. Great bike. I went to a new street glide and came back. A bagger just doesn't put the same smile on my face as the SE Deuce. How much $$ are they asking?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by blackpearlSG07
I was hoping for some feedback on the 2004 CVO Deuce. any issues that I should know before purchasing (good and bad). I am trying to make a decision over the next few days on a used one with 15000 miles (25,000 ish kms). thanks in advance for your input
Like the hellout'a mine......NO issues.....bike rides great,runs strong....always get alot'a compliments wherever it go's........

Old 05-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by SuperJoe
I've had two 04 se Deuce's. It's my current ride again now. No problems to speak of other than the quality of the chrome is sub par in my opinion. Mirror mounts and tach holder are peeling and some other chrome just looks shitty. The wheels were also know to chrome peel. The bike overall is excellent as it was hand built rather than running down the assembly line. Great bike. I went to a new street glide and came back. A bagger just doesn't put the same smile on my face as the SE Deuce. How much $$ are they asking?
Haha!.....hear ya.....prolly a good thing I ain't walk'd up on a Krypto SG in person at the dealer.....can't ever see myself part'n with this Deuce....just like the damn thing too much......but that's prolly the only thing in the current line-up I'd consider give'n it up for.....and that'd take some shove'n by the sales dude......

Sorry 'bout yer chrome issues.....ain't had a problem with mine....YET.....and yeah, the current CVO's move down the same line as everthing else,nowadays......mistake,IMO............

Old 05-01-2011, 01:31 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

deuces rule

Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
2012UltraLimited
Outstanding HDF Member

@ Superjoe... I have the price at 13,500. which I believe is a decent price for this bike. Hopefully some of you can tell me if the heads are the stock ones from the TC88. I am planning on doing head work and possibly HQ 120 big bore next year and I prefer stock heads as most shops I believe prefer to work on stock heads. Thanks for the replies and I am planning on taking this for a test ride on Tuedsay and will post if I get it. I did like my 07 streetglide (GMR 107) but found a touring bike in the city was pointless so I sold it a while ago. I am ready to convert! ....ride safe

Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

@ Superjoe... I have the price at 13,500. which I believe is a decent price for this bike. Hopefully some of you can tell me if the heads are the stock ones from the TC88. I am planning on doing head work and possibly HQ 120 big bore next year and I prefer stock heads as most shops I believe prefer to work on stock heads. Thanks for the replies and I am planning on taking this for a test ride on Tuedsay and will post if I get it. I did like my 07 streetglide (GMR 107) but found a touring bike in the city was pointless so I sold it a while ago. I am ready to convert! ....ride safe
I'd say it's as good'a price as I've ever seen on 1.....I would'n take that for mine.....the heads are stock 88's......lower cases'll have ta be bore'd ta go that big,I think,but don't take my word on it.....Not too sure I would'n just crate/shelf the factory mill for all you'll have ta spend ta get it to 120...( S&S 124......)...and you'll prolly like the test ride,(@95")'specially if it's had any after-mods(exhaust,fuel management,etc.)It don't take alot more than what the MoCo put in there ta get it past the Franklin mark(100+HP/100+TQ)headwork,cams,TB... Good Luck on it,dude......

Old 05-01-2011, 09:24 PM
2012UltraLimited
Outstanding HDF Member

@harleyrider, yes cases need to be bored to go to 113 , 117, 120 not to mention lower end work , clutch etc, unfortunately I am well aware of the cost ahead LOL! I am considering doing tuner, heads and cam, D&D fat cat 2-1 on this Deuce as a possible way to go ( a lot cheaper! LOl) and by the the sounds of it you are happy with yours. Did you do heads and cam on yours?.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

@harleyrider, yes cases need to be bored to go to 113 , 117, 120 not to mention lower end work , clutch etc, unfortunately I am well aware of the cost ahead LOL! I am considering doing tuner, heads and cam, D&D fat cat 2-1 on this Deuce as a possible way to go ( a lot cheaper! LOl) and by the the sounds of it you are happy with yours. Did you do heads and cam on yours?.
I'd say if ya do those,and choose the right cams wisely,it'll get'cha over the 100 mark,and the 95 will pull like a train.. not hard or super x-pensive ta get a lot out'a these motors.....yer already at a full Stage II with the MoCo's mill.......
Mine is basically the the Stage II mill, with a Ness Big Sucker under the the factory cover(no plastic backplate),pipes are Samson StreetSweeper's(LOUD,haha!) ,has an SE Race Fueler....I'm low ta mid 90's HP/TQ....gonna definately sh*tcan the fueler and put a tuner on....hold'n out for a TTS,not cheap,haha!....would like ta do some heavier cams later on....prolly somethin' in the Woods line.580-.600 range.....Compressor heads,or have these work'd up,and eventually like ta stroke it out ta 107..... maybe.....like I said....feels like it wants ta run out from under me at times, now....and gets great mileage,LOL!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:14 PM
2012UltraLimited
Outstanding HDF Member

test ride went very well and was impressed. It was nice to ride a bike that did not weigh 780 lbs (my ex bike 07 Streetglide) and found it so easy to handle compared to the streeglide. This bike is perfect for my style of riding around town... SOLD (13,400 plus tax)! picking it up Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the replies guys and yes I know "this thread is useless without pictures" LOL will post a new thread later when I get it cleaned up and take some pics . Ride safe

Quick Reply: 2004 CVO SE Deuce any issues?