Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate my Fatboy S seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 04:07 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts
Default I hate my Fatboy S seat

After 1300 miles and a couple hundred more today I have decided that after 30 minutes I can't take the stock seat much longer. My tailbone is killing me and I found myself shifting about trying to take the pressure off it.

When I had the Heritage my tailbone would begin to ache after about 60-90 minutes but nothing like this.

Suggestions for a new seat please. I need more padding for sure, not firmness. I don't want to put a Heritage seat on it (no studs).

Old 09-27-2015, 04:23 PM
vettstar
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem with mine,i got the Mustang Sport Touring Vintage Solo Seat with Driver Backrest, and the Recessed Rear Seat,have about 1000 miles on the new seat and no pains,it is a little firm and sits me up higher than stock seat.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Krustee
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

If you like the looks of the seat and just need some tailbone relief, you can drill a few 1" holes in the bottom of the pan. Reach in with needle-nosed pliers and pull out some foam in the tailbone area. Just take out enough to create a soft spot and not so much that you change the shape of the seat. I've done this on two seats and it helped quite a bit.

Dan

Old 09-27-2015, 05:21 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Originally Posted by Krustee
If you like the looks of the seat and just need some tailbone relief, you can drill a few 1" holes in the bottom of the pan. Reach in with needle-nosed pliers and pull out some foam in the tailbone area. Just take out enough to create a soft spot and not so much that you change the shape of the seat. I've done this on two seats and it helped quite a bit.

Dan
Thanks Dan but the seat is too firm anyway, it's not just tailbone pain, I want a cushiony feel.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:22 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Originally Posted by vettstar
I had the same problem with mine,i got the Mustang Sport Touring Vintage Solo Seat with Driver Backrest, and the Recessed Rear Seat,have about 1000 miles on the new seat and no pains,it is a little firm and sits me up higher than stock seat.
I don't want firm so that's not going to work. I want something that feels like the Heritage seat or the Road King Classic seat, both of those are soft.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 380 Likes on 191 Posts

What you should do is have someone put in a jell, plus memory foam insert on top of the existing foam seat. Thick soft seats are no good for long periods. You are better to have a firm base, with a little softness on top.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,207 Likes on 715 Posts

Ultimate seats are very close to you give them a look and see how you like them.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
Ultimate seats are very close to you give them a look and see how you like them.
I totally agree. I'm on my 3rd Ultimate seat. Just got mine for my fatboy lo. They have a place in FLA that i ordered it from, they had a booth set up at OC bike week in Maryland, so i went down and they put it on for me, and shipped my stock seat home for free. It's the best seat i've ever had on any bike. Your butt will be very happy!

Old 09-27-2015, 07:10 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r

thanks, I see they have a few Midrider seats at different prices so I'll give them a call, I like the idea of a backrest. They are about 250 miles north of me so not close at all .

Old 09-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

i have the backrest on mine,love it for long trips. they are very easy to deal with, great customer service

you'll be amazed how much support you'll have even without the backrest

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-28-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: I hate my Fatboy S seat