Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Fat Boy Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Bedore
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2016 Fat Boy Windshield

Going to be picking up a 2016 Fat Boy soon. It will be my first new motorcycle. Looking at windshield options and was wondering what everyone was running? I am looking at the Memphis Shades Rio Grande. Does anyone here run this on their Fat Boy and does it interfere with the handlebar mounted blinkers? I see the El Paso is made for bikes with handlebar mounted blinkers, but I think the Rio Grande would be better overall.

Would appreciate any input on windshields, especially the Memphis Shades shields, and the Rio Grande.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:33 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I just have a HD windshield (detachable). The tallest one so I look through it but I'm thinking about having it cut down.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:04 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Same here, but I hate the look so I almost never ride with it.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:26 PM
Bedore
Cruiser

I really don't like the H-D looks and especially do not like the price, that I why I am looking at aftermarket options. Was curious what everyone was using. I plan to leave it off for short trips and what not, but it would be nice to have for longer rides.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Memphis Shades
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bedore
Going to be picking up a 2016 Fat Boy soon. It will be my first new motorcycle. Looking at windshield options and was wondering what everyone was running? I am looking at the Memphis Shades Rio Grande. Does anyone here run this on their Fat Boy and does it interfere with the handlebar mounted blinkers? I see the El Paso is made for bikes with handlebar mounted blinkers, but I think the Rio Grande would be better overall.

Would appreciate any input on windshields, especially the Memphis Shades shields, and the Rio Grande.

The Rio Grande will not interfere with the stock turn signals. At the widest point of the Rio Grande it's only 21".

Old 06-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Bedore
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Memphis Shades
The Rio Grande will not interfere with the stock turn signals. At the widest point of the Rio Grande it's only 21".
Glad to hear, thanks for chiming in. It's nice to be able to hear direct from the manufacturer.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:51 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I picked up a used HD windshield but never used it...I'm not crazy about the look an thought pushing a billboard thru the air would slow it down. I like the memephis shades bullet fairing I got an the hardware where it attaches is a much better design IMO than the hd. My front end felt light at 80 mph an the bullet seems to stabilize it at high speeds.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:11 AM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 2015 fatboy with the HD windshield,I just went to my local glass guy and asked them to shave it down a few inches for me,it made a huge difference and it looks a heck of a lot better than looking though it.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:22 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Pickup a HD detatchable windshield off of fleabay and then add an 16 inch LRS recurve glass to it. I am very happy with mine and look right over it.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Bobcat264
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cocky
Pickup a HD detatchable windshield off of fleabay and then add an 16 inch LRS recurve glass to it. I am very happy with mine and look right over it.
Long ride windshield! Take measurements for your correct height. I ended up with the 16". I got the medium tinted glass. Fit perfectly on my HD windshield brackets. The tinted smaller windshield looks great on my black Fatboy Lo. Wind protection is great as well.

Quick Reply: 2016 Fat Boy Windshield