Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim-Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 11:07 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Jet, one of these days I'm gonna have to ask you to instruct me on what all you did to the rear end of your Slim so that I can fit mine the same

Old 12-05-2016, 06:02 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ecopot
I really like the looks of the Slim, but due to the limited luggage options, changing license plate laws, and my always wanting to tinker with stuff (for better or worse)...lol..I decided to give my slim a new look.

Still getting things mocked up.
Any advice on paint? I don't think the matte charcoal tank matches the black fenders too well.

Black tank?
Charcoal Fenders?
Or maybe black stripe or tear drop on the side of the tank?
Attachment 490273
Very nice, project looks great
for a light bar an earlier bar from a touring bike may work as they did not use the dimples in the fender, and are similar to the current deluxe rear turn signal set up. Color wise I'm in a similar dilemma as you
I'm leaning charcoal pearl and a scallop/tear away design on the tank in black with old school red and white pinstriping.
I'm torn currently between a similar project as yours but, thinking on using the klockwerks fender with frenched in plate as too save my struts and seats. And going with springer classic bags? Front fender will stay or completely removed but use the RSD fork stabilizer

Last edited by rowan; 12-05-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:18 AM
Ecopot
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Took advantage of the Black Friday online sales and picked up a set of Willie and Max hard mount bags and a FP3.

For color still contemplating. Thinking maybe a charcoal stripe on the fenders and some kind of black tear on the front of the tank or maybe just paint everything jade green.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:24 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,954 Likes on 21,517 Posts

My last bike here 99 FXSTC
16 inch front wheel, fatboy front fender

Old 12-07-2016, 09:16 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rowan
Very nice, project looks great
for a light bar an earlier bar from a touring bike may work as they did not use the dimples in the fender, and are similar to the current deluxe rear turn signal set up. Color wise I'm in a similar dilemma as you
I'm leaning charcoal pearl and a scallop/tear away design on the tank in black with old school red and white pinstriping.
I'm torn currently between a similar project as yours but, thinking on using the klockwerks fender with frenched in plate as too save my struts and seats. And going with springer classic bags? Front fender will stay or completely removed but use the RSD fork stabilizer
Which Klockwerks fender were you going to use? The longer one or shorter one? I ordered a short one with plate but might not use it. I cant decide which one I really like.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:32 AM
rowan
Road Master
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by FFeric
Which Klockwerks fender were you going to use? The longer one or shorter one? I ordered a short one with plate but might not use it. I cant decide which one I really like.
Was thinking short/(there stretched) with frenched plate. Dealer has an open house upcoming and if I combine that with discount points fender would be very affordable. My direction with this is sort of what was done to the old stripped down FLHs, now to figure a 2 in to 1 exhaust with a fishtail tip.

Last edited by rowan; 12-08-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:23 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rowan
Was thinking short/(there stretched) with frenched plate. Dealer has an open house upcoming and if I combine that with discount points fender would be very affordable. My direction with this is sort of what was done to the old stripped down FLHs, now to figure a 2 in to 1 exhaust with a fishtail tip.
I originally ordered the long one without the plate. So that one is at the dealer and so is the shorter one with the plate. I just cant make up my mind what direction I want to go

Old 12-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default SlimBoy

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Jet, one of these days I'm gonna have to ask you to instruct me on what all you did to the rear end of your Slim so that I can fit mine the same
Splattt,

Just ask, I would be glad to help any way I can. I have some parts to do another rear end that I did not use... I'm going to list them in "for sale" section soon.

Steve

Old 12-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Ecopot
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saddle bags and FP3 installed.

Still auto tuning the fp3, but bike seems to be running better already. No more weird engine braking sounds from the muffler.

Willie and Max bags are better then I thought they would be for the price. Mounts are solid and the bags are bigger then expected. Though I would like something a bit bigger. Quality is a bit lacking, one of the bags has some sketchy looking stitching. Also all the mounting bolt provided with the kit were metric.
Slim-Heritage-photo441.jpg

Last edited by Ecopot; 12-12-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:58 PM
rowan
Road Master

Looks good!
Hope to have my new fender this week, if all my parts are in I should have mine mocked up by the end of the weekend.!

Quick Reply: Slim-Heritage