Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's over guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It's over guys

Sold my Heritage yesterday. Sad to see it go for sure. I'll be 70 in a few months and just feel that I don't really need to be riding anymore. Had a great 50 plus years of riding and enjoyed every mile (about 300,000 of them). Just have some different responsibilities now. Enjoyed the forum a lot. Good info (and a lot of bs). I'll be lurking on here and maybe even offer some good advice now and then.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:28 PM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Best of luck in the next chapter of your life. We're all gonna get to that point someday.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:49 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Too bad Gman, it is a decision we all have to face. Better to go out on your own terms than because of an accident. I have a ways to go before I hang it up but that is just me @ 72. Take care and don't be a stranger.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I know the thought process. I'm 65, but I think I still gave a few years of good riding. I have occasionally thought about stopping riding, but not because of age or riding ability. It's the same thing that happened many years ago when I quit riding the first time. It's the crappy/crazy drivers and especially those that refuse to stay on their side of the road. Particularly in curves. They don't even bother to move back into their lane as I pass them. It's happening all to often these days..

Old 04-27-2017, 05:38 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default I ain't heard no fat lady sing!

I ain't heard no fat lady sing!

It's not "over" till they plant you in the ground! Selling your bike was just another phase in your life. No telling if you're gonna ever get the urge again or not! In any case, don't ever regret ANYTHING that you do! My mantra is to never look back on my life and say "gee, I wish I had.....". No regrets. Only happy memories and as long a future to live as healthy as I can be!

Best of wishes to ya and if you should happen to throw a grin at me when I pull up along side of you at a light I'll be more than happy to wave back at you!

The following users liked this post:
Captain Itch (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 05:38 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

No trike?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts

When, or if, I quit riding, I'm thinking my garage/bar, will look something like this.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:47 PM
toppy
Road Captain
Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

sorry Gman..
its rough having to hang it up

Old 04-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas
I know the thought process. I'm 65, but I think I still gave a few years of good riding. I have occasionally thought about stopping riding, but not because of age or riding ability. It's the same thing that happened many years ago when I quit riding the first time. It's the crappy/crazy drivers and especially those that refuse to stay on their side of the road. Particularly in curves. They don't even bother to move back into their lane as I pass them. It's happening all to often these days..
That was a big part of my decision too. The cell phones, and now drugs, are scaring the hell out of me.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:31 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Good Luck Gman in your next adventure

Quick Reply: It's over guys