Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STEALTH batwing fairing

Old 06-13-2017, 06:54 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
I got the fairing for $270 shipped. Ordered a Sony head unit, 4 Polk speakers, and a marine cover for $240. The bike is black so no paint needed if it's in decent shape. I'm gonna take the T-bag pouches off my RK and put on this one, so I ordered a new set for the RK for $50. So I'm all in for $560. That's about half what I got in my Woody's before paint. I'm sure it won't compare to the Woody's quality wise, but if it's half as good, it'll be fine.
I ordered a Fast Air windshield to replace the crappy ones that came with my fairing, short money well spent. I also had to glue down the edge weatherproofing, no big deal. I took a black Sharpie to the unfinished exposed edge of the outer fairing, looks 100% better. I would recommend that you spring for an amp to drive those speakers, I use a Cerwin Vega B2 and my tunes are loud and clear at any speed!

http://www.fastaire.com/products/basic-windshields.php

Old 06-13-2017, 07:02 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

I have several shields laying around already. I don't have an amp (yet...) on my RK, and I can hear well enough. So I'm hoping this one will be usable, especially since the polks are better than what I'm running in my other one.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master

I have several shields laying around already. I don't have an amp (yet...) on my RK, and I can hear well enough. So I'm hoping this one will be usable, especially since the polks are better than what I'm running in my other one.
I had some LRS recurve shields as well, but they were too curved to comfortably fit, they left a gap. The Fast Aire flat shield is the same shape
as the ones that come with the fairing, nice tint and fit well. My clear shield was scratched out of the box, didn't care for clear anyway. Their tinted shield was a weird yellow color, I didn't like it. Your shields may be OK to you, if so then good luck with the install!

Old 06-13-2017, 07:57 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

How long did it take to get your fairing, poolboy?

Old 06-13-2017, 10:28 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master

How long did it take to get your fairing, poolboy?
It was quick, I think about 4 days.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:34 PM
RoadTrippin'
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDoc103
how well can you hear the 6.5 speakers? I was personally thinking 6x9s
I'll be honest, I wish I would've got the 6x9's. My 6.5's sound good and I can hear them great, but I want a little more bass, which I feel I would get from the 6x9's. But depending on your pipes, you may not be happy with the 6.5's. I have V&H 3" split shots, so there aren't too loud to drown out the sound. But, over all I'm happy with my setup.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:07 PM
DieselDoc103
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadTrippin'
I'll be honest, I wish I would've got the 6x9's. My 6.5's sound good and I can hear them great, but I want a little more bass, which I feel I would get from the 6x9's. But depending on your pipes, you may not be happy with the 6.5's. I have V&H 3" split shots, so there aren't too loud to drown out the sound. But, over all I'm happy with my setup.
I would rather have 6x9s for bass also. I mean I know it wont sound like I have subs in my trunk or anything crazy but id still rather have that than anything else ya know?

reckless has a fathers day deal going on right now , you get the fairing with a sony CD unit or a infinity Bluetooth unit , 2 - 6.5 MB quarts , 1 windshield , mounts , 12v plug and a free windshield trim for 750 bucks.

not a bad deal but man I just don't think id like the 6.5s

Old 06-15-2017, 03:08 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, the stealth fairing showed up today........ First impressions? It's a $270 to the door fairing, and I feel like it's worth that.

Gelcoat finish is pretty good. The unfinished exposed part of the outer fairing where the inner meets it stands out, but that's to be expected. I'm either gonna hit it with a black sharpie, or tape it up and rattle can spray it. Speaker holes are cut properly. Radio hole seems to be, but I'm installing a marine cover so it's gonna have to be recut and opened up. The windshield bolts aren't long enough to install a trim piece or slide a set of bags in, but that's not a big deal.

The fit along the outside edge where the windshield slides in isn't great. I think it may be because of the foam strip they have there. I haven't split the fairing yet to investigate further. The shape is also a little off on the bottom of the outer fairing where the inner and outer fit together over the headlight. I don't think this is gonna be an issue, and I don't think it'll be seen once installed. I haven't messed with the brackets yet.

Overall my first impression is I think it's gonna be just fine. I don't think it compares to my Woody's, but I wasn't expecting it to. I bought this to go on a heritage that I'm not gonna ride very often. In fact, I bought it for my daughter and future son in law to ride, since he sold his bikes to pay some bills. My opinion may change once I get it installed, and if it does, I'll post here.

Attached Thumbnails STEALTH batwing fairing-image.jpeg  
Old 06-15-2017, 03:10 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

Old 06-15-2017, 03:12 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

Search this Thread