Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 FSXB Open End Grips

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:46 PM
indobos72
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 FSXB Open End Grips

I was wondering if anyone has done grips with open end. I am looking to locate the turn signals to bar end ones and wanted to know if it was possible with Fly By Wire. Any help is appreciated.

https://spieglerusa.com/lights-indic...-2000-led.html

Thanks

Old 07-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Sean C. Boynton
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have looked for quite some time because I wanted bar end blinkers and mirrors. I have looked into just about every option I could. The closest I could find to allowing anything to be mounted on the right side were Joker Machine TBW grips that have replacable end caps. I was trying to think of a way to combine the JM bar end universal mount and get it threaded to screw that into the end of the grips, but it would rotate on the throttle side, so it would somehow have to be independent... The only thing that had any "promise" but was WAY too much was to change the entire throttle system.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:53 PM
indobos72
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sean C. Boynton
I have looked for quite some time because I wanted bar end blinkers and mirrors. I have looked into just about every option I could. The closest I could find to allowing anything to be mounted on the right side were Joker Machine TBW grips that have replacable end caps. I was trying to think of a way to combine the JM bar end universal mount and get it threaded to screw that into the end of the grips, but it would rotate on the throttle side, so it would somehow have to be independent... The only thing that had any "promise" but was WAY too much was to change the entire throttle system.
Thanks for the reply Sean. I guess I'm going to have to look into this option. Just kills me the cost to have them shipped.

https://shop.thunderbike.de/en/Thund...h-housing.html

Old 07-21-2017, 04:13 PM
Sean C. Boynton
Novice

I found some from Iron Optics, but on their site they don't ship to the US, but through eBay it is fine. Should be delivered next week. They are half the price, but seem to be the same thing. US dollars is: $79.71 + $53.48 shipping. Still too much, but less than thunderbike. Below are a couple of pics from my auction.

The following users liked this post:
indobos72 (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 04:22 PM
indobos72
Intermediate

I found some from Iron Optics, but on their site they don't ship to the US, but through eBay it is fine. Should be delivered next week. They are half the price, but seem to be the same thing. US dollars is: $79.71 + $53.48 shipping. Still too much, but less than thunderbike. Below are a couple of pics from my auction.
Those look good. Man the shipping always kills me. Did you Paypal them? I was wondering what the euro to usd conversion cost would be. I searched for them and found them for $81.32, how'd you get them down or was it an auction? Thanks

Old 07-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Sean C. Boynton
Novice

No auction...I just happened to find that listing as BIN. Today I received notification that they hit US soil and are in "customs." I've had things breeze through "customs" in less than a day and have had things stuck for a month in "customs"... so I hesitate to suggest you wait until I can get them installed, but if you want to wait, I'll post pics after install:-)

indobos72 (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 06:26 PM
Sean C. Boynton
Novice

BTW--I thought I mentioned this, but if you were not aware, 16 was the first year the "regular" FXSB was TBW. So you will see prior years with bar end accessories, but 2013-2015 did not have the TBW sensor in the right bar end. I found this out after the fact...after I bought Joker Machine bar end mirrors and LED strips for blinkers...

indobos72 (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 06:32 PM
indobos72
Intermediate

No auction...I just happened to find that listing as BIN. Today I received notification that they hit US soil and are in "customs." I've had things breeze through "customs" in less than a day and have had things stuck for a month in "customs"... so I hesitate to suggest you wait until I can get them installed, but if you want to wait, I'll post pics after install:-)
I'm in no rush, so if you can post pics once you get them. That would be awesome. I can live with the stock blinkers for now, so getting first hand info would be worth the wait.

BTW--I thought I mentioned this, but if you were not aware, 16 was the first year the "regular" FXSB was TBW. So you will see prior years with bar end accessories, but 2013-2015 did not have the TBW sensor in the right bar end. I found this out after the fact...after I bought Joker Machine bar end mirrors and LED strips for blinkers...
Yes, after pouring over the parts and online fiche. I was able to identify that it was TBW for '16 on up. Thanks again for the info. Look forward to seeing your blinkers.

Last edited by indobos72; 07-21-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:21 PM
indobos72
Intermediate

Sean,
Excited to see how the turn signals went. Let me know if/when you receive them.

Thanks,

Old 08-09-2017, 03:33 PM
indobos72
Intermediate

Sean,
Did you ever get these in? Installed? Any updates appreciated.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: 2016 FSXB Open End Grips