Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wicked Red/Twisted Cherry on a Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:21 AM
yankees1996
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Wicked Red/Twisted Cherry on a Fat Boy

None of the local dealers have this color combo in yet and if you have seen it on a bike in person, what are your thoughts ? One person who has seen this color thought the Cherry looked a little too brown but it was under artificial light. On the internet I like this color combo! I also like the Legend Blue/Vivid Black combo but to get it you have to order the 115 Anniversary model and I think it is a thousand or two more which I don't think I could pay extra for.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:47 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,178 Likes on 6,218 Posts

Colors themselves look great but IMHO they are begging to be on a chromed out bike like a 2017 Fat Boy. I much prefer the industrial gray on a 2018 Fat Boy.

The following users liked this post:
back again (06-27-2021)
Old 10-16-2017, 07:32 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Man I never liked any bikes other than black but I saw the 18 FB in the two tone red and it was awesome , the brushed aluminum too was different not too hard to get to accept ,once used to it , yea I get it.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:56 AM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Just ordered an '18 FB with a 114 in those colors after asking the dealer to wheel the bike outside into the sunshine. WOW do those colors POP, and I had my Candy Orange Road Glide outside also which arguably is the best of the metallic colors they ever made (even beating the Sonoma if that's your thing). The wicked red is aptly named and the Twisted Cherry looks like the color you'd get if you sprayed flake over fresh Bing Cherries. Dark, but no brown. Here are a couple of shots under interior LEDs of a 107 they had on the floor.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:03 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

It looks good hey !

Old 10-16-2017, 08:05 AM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by badcooky
It looks good hey !
Outside it looks much better. I should have taken additional photos, but once I saw that explosion of color my mind was already made up. I wanted to see the Industrial Gray as well as the Black Tempest, but saw neither in person. I only saw this combo, Vivid Black, and the Bonneville Salt Pearl on a Low Rider. To me, these red colors worked not only by themselves, but in conjunction with the brushed chrome pieces on the FB. The Vivid Black looked good too, but I think I would have liked it chromed (or blacked) out even better. Outside the colors were predictably brighter with the flake) and also somewhat lighter in intensity that my indoor pics reveal.

Last edited by TORQUEY; 10-16-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I’ve yet to see any 2018 Fat Boy in person but that is gorgeous.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
Outside it looks much better.
Opinions are ten a penny ...or is that dime a dozen over there on your side of the pond

Personally I thought the other way around. If it is waxed up to the hilt and under showroom lights with lots of nice reflections bouncing off it as in all these brochure shots, I thought wow, I REALLY want one.

Our dealer has a 114 Fatboy in that colour for a demonstrator so I took it out for an hour. Out in daylight, and especially riding along looking down on the red tank I just thought yuk! There was next to no pearlescence in it and it just looked rather flat and boring.

I went Vivid Black, that really does pop. The Tempest Grey looked really good against the Fatboy brushed chrome finish as well.

I think you really have to see these things in real life and make your own mind up.

EDIT: Added a couple of outdoor pics

Attached Thumbnails Wicked Red/Twisted Cherry on a Fat Boy-red.jpg   Wicked Red/Twisted Cherry on a Fat Boy-red2.jpg  

Last edited by Gordon61; 10-16-2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 10-16-2017, 09:04 AM
bbissell
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 89 Posts

I love mine the color is fantastic.

Attached Thumbnails Wicked Red/Twisted Cherry on a Fat Boy-img_5752.jpg  
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by bbissell:
bsim (10-16-2017), TORQUEY (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 09:22 AM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Gordon61
Opinions are ten a penny ...or is that dime a dozen over there on your side of the pond

Personally I thought the other way around. If it is waxed up to the hilt and under showroom lights with lots of nice reflections bouncing off it as in all these brochure shots, I thought wow, I REALLY want one.

Our dealer has a 114 Fatboy in that colour for a demonstrator so I took it out for an hour. Out in daylight, and especially riding along looking down on the red tank I just thought yuk! There was next to no pearlescence in it and it just looked rather flat and boring.

I went Vivid Black, that really does pop. The Tempest Grey looked really good against the Fatboy brushed chrome finish as well.

I think you really have to see these things in real life and make your own mind up.

EDIT: Added a couple of outdoor pics

PLEASE don't take offense at the Edinburgh Joke, however there is "daylight" and there is daylight!! I saw the rain droplets on that dark looking tank and I almost wet myself!!! In Scotland, you need to take a bike INDOORS to see it pop!!!!

Quick Reply: Wicked Red/Twisted Cherry on a Fat Boy