Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 Softail owners .

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 12:02 PM
Navyvette
Tourer
Received 168 Likes on 68 Posts

I put some of the brass collection on (derby and timing cover) and getting the sissy bar today.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:15 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Went to get on the bike today and there was a nail dead center in the rear tire. That was an expensive day, new tire (dealer picked up the bike from my garage thank goodness).

Old 02-24-2018, 08:37 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Went to get on the bike today and there was a nail dead center in the rear tire. That was an expensive day, new tire (dealer picked up the bike from my garage thank goodness).
Man that sucks i'll bet, I had a front flat the other day but it was just a crease from the factory , called HD assist and they looked after it.
Cheers

Old 02-25-2018, 06:06 PM
Mad Scientist
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She just begs to be ridden hard
What a machine!

The following users liked this post:
StreetBob18 (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 06:54 PM
reynoldss
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Got a 2018 Fat Boy . Love it. Better pics coming soon
Attachment 620413

Last edited by reynoldss; 02-25-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:44 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
She just begs to be ridden hard
What a machine!
Yea they do don't they these little Street Blobs are the sleepers of the bunch hey , so you have the extreme filter I think by the looks , did you do a Stage 1 edit or no ?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:14 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,172 Likes on 6,217 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Bacon
The smoothness of the motor. the color combo and the tough look of this new fatboy sold me instantly.
While I've built several customs, repaired and ridden every generation of Harley. This is the first one I've bought and I plan to leave it all stock as the low# special edition.
I was impressed with the new feel and features right on the dealer floor.
I think that's the best looking of the anniversary models. I usually hate denim paint but that looks good.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:00 PM
cjdyna
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New bike!!

So I just traded in my 12 super glide custom on a 18 Heritage classic 115th anniv. Can't wait for the weather to change so I can pick it up. Here in New York we can be shoveling in April. I was wonder if anyone has any experience with the mustache style engine guards? LIke the look but don't know if they are really practical. Thanks

Old 02-26-2018, 02:30 PM
rcpbob
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
Default engine guard

Hey Cjdany, congratulations on the new ride. The more you ride, the more you'll love it. I myself love the mustache engine guards, have the black one my Twisted Cherry Heritage. Like the foot rest built in, and it does provide some protection. Had a drop down at rest (brain fart), and not a mark on the bike. Ride On ! Bob

Originally Posted by cjdyna
So I just traded in my 12 super glide custom on a 18 Heritage classic 115th anniv. Can't wait for the weather to change so I can pick it up. Here in New York we can be shoveling in April. I was wonder if anyone has any experience with the mustache style engine guards? LIke the look but don't know if they are really practical. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails M8 Softail owners .-16.jpg  
Old 02-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Mad Scientist
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badcooky
Yea they do don't they these little Street Blobs are the sleepers of the bunch hey , so you have the extreme filter I think by the looks , did you do a Stage 1 edit or no ?
Have the Extreme AC, the Street Cannons, and Stage 1 tune. Went through the dealer within the 60 day period and had it included on the 5 year extended warranty. At first I was disappointed with the sound of the Cannons but they are getting better and better at idle and cruise, and sound great under throttle. Also gained significantly more revs before the limiter compared to stock and much better top end power. I'm still getting 40mpg in hard riding, more if I'm cruising (rarely!). Debated about going Stage 2 but as it is the stage 1 is plenty of power given the 150 rear.

The chassis is brilliant and the bike thrives in the Texas Hill Country. She really wants to run hard. One of the best bikes dynamically that Harley has ever made. My only complaint is the small gas tank.

Quick Reply: M8 Softail owners .