Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$10 mount.....$1300 phone 🤔

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 01:31 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Belden
Not a shill here, but I sure do like the QuadLock stuff. Got it in my car and on my bike.
Me too,... in the car, on the Harley and on my push bike too... easy to switch from one mount to the other...

Old 11-21-2018, 08:45 AM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

I have good luck with TechMount so far with many attachments for phone or GoPro etc.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:08 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,752 Likes on 2,317 Posts

I got a x-RAM mount (like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...item238c369e2d) for my Google Pixel XL for $15, and it works great! I even recorded some video with it on the handlebars, and it was not as "jumpy" or vibrating as much as I might expect it to be. Everyone who has seen the videos think it was taken with a GoPro. The phone holder I got also has a built in USB charging port, too, so I can keep the phone charged while I'm riding, listening to music, taking videos or pictures, etc. It has the X points to hold the phone with tapered rubber pieced to hold it solid, but it also has the rubber straps, as well, to make SURE it is NOT going to "fall off". It also bolts up under the mirror mount, so no chance of the bolt coming loose and just falling off with it. I'm very happy and secure in my phone not going anywhere with my holder.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:39 PM
Rick48
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quad Lock fan here as well....

Old 11-24-2018, 06:32 AM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,352 Likes on 1,154 Posts

So was it your first day on the job or did you forget how to get to work ? Just had to ask .

Old 11-24-2018, 05:24 PM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
So was it your first day on the job or did you forget how to get to work ? Just had to ask .
lol, I’m kinda my own boss..... well at least when my wife lets me 😂
Using the bike during the day really doesn’t effect my job. If I need to meet a client I’ll always call first and let them know that I will be showing up on my bike. I would never just show up on the bike without calling ahead (they always get a kick out of it when I do) if I have a lot of calls to make I’ll just use my truck or call from the office. Sometimes I’ll pull the bike over in a nice spot, maybe by the water or by the farm land out east depending where I am and make a call or 2. I love my job those days!!!
This was my office for about a half hour this day.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:46 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I went with the Ram Mount as well. So far so good.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:33 PM
ZitoMD
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I looked at the RAM Mounts, Quadlock and Rockform. After reading about all the RAM Mount thefts I quickly put that one off the list. It was a tough choice between the Quadlock and Rockform. In the end I went with the Rockform as the mount on the handlebars seemed bo better construction and the universal mount stuck on the back of my Otterbox Case was secure. In fact broke a trim took trying to remove it off my old case. Just bought a new adapter. The 3M adhesive is no joke. I have cruised at 70 mph for 20 miles and it never even budged. I am a fan.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:52 PM
Dehammer
Elite HDF Member
Received 2,667 Likes on 1,348 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
I got a x-RAM mount (like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...item238c369e2d) for my Google Pixel XL for $15, and it works great! I even recorded some video with it on the handlebars, and it was not as "jumpy" or vibrating as much as I might expect it to be. Everyone who has seen the videos think it was taken with a GoPro. The phone holder I got also has a built in USB charging port, too, so I can keep the phone charged while I'm riding, listening to music, taking videos or pictures, etc. It has the X points to hold the phone with tapered rubber pieced to hold it solid, but it also has the rubber straps, as well, to make SURE it is NOT going to "fall off". It also bolts up under the mirror mount, so no chance of the bolt coming loose and just falling off with it. I'm very happy and secure in my phone not going anywhere with my holder.
I would not trust that chicom knockoff mount and I have low end old man poverty android phone.

I use a RAM X mount for my phone on the bikes. I also have various RAM mounts for truck, ATV, and workstations. Never had a failure.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:40 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,829 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by ZitoMD
I looked at the RAM Mounts, Quadlock and Rockform. After reading about all the RAM Mount thefts I quickly put that one off the list. It was a tough choice between the Quadlock and Rockform. In the end I went with the Rockform as the mount on the handlebars seemed bo better construction and the universal mount stuck on the back of my Otterbox Case was secure. In fact broke a trim took trying to remove it off my old case. Just bought a new adapter. The 3M adhesive is no joke. I have cruised at 70 mph for 20 miles and it never even budged. I am a fan.
I notice the Rokform cases use a magnet and the mounts are made of aluminum. How does the magnet stick to the aluminum when you twist lock it in?

Last edited by OldMike; 11-25-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Quick Reply: $10 mount.....$1300 phone 🤔