Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker

Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker

Hi guys. so i'm looking for more projects that i can take on myself. One of the mods i think i'll be able to do on my own is replacing the grips and pegs on my Rocker. i'll give you guys a pic of what the bike looks like now so you guys can get an idea.

my only dilemma is what color grips to get (chrome or black). I thought since my hand controls are chromed i would go for a little contrast and get black ones (see picture). Or you guys think i should keep them chromed.

as far as the pegs it's the same dilemma. should i go black or stay with chrome?

2nd pic: the black pegs (couldn't find a pic of chromed pegs, but you guys get the idea)
3rd pic: Black grips
4th pic: chrome grips

thanks guys.

Attached Thumbnails your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-new-set-up-6.jpg   your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-black.impaler.machine.gunner.folding.pegs.jpg   your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-black.impaler.machine.gunner.grips.jpg   your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-chrome.impaler.spike.machine.gunner.grips-from-tejas-thump-cycles.jpg   your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-new-set-up-2.jpg  

Last edited by Alain; 02-03-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like them will look good with your rocker...always felt more secure on my foot pegs when there was some rubber on them...all cool when its dry but not so much when its wet...just my opinion...but definately a good fit for your bike

Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
hogdiver
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Alain,
As you already know i have those Impaler grips only mine are not the cheez-hole as in your piccy, i think they are sexy as hell...just ensure if you go for cheeze hole,
a) that your bars are chromed at the ends otherwise they look a bit naff !
b)i found the lhs grip a bit sloppy on bar but nothing a bit off tape couldnt fix but off course you will see tape through holes....this is why i chose the ones i did.

As for the foot controls just bear in mind that unless you are changing the whole control set-up i dont think you will find anything to replace the brake pedal....

you will not be disappointed with these...

oh!!! if its dusty where you live grit may get in the throttle holes and hinder smoothness

Attached Thumbnails your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-new-bike-016.jpg  

Last edited by hogdiver; 02-03-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

very nice design, how much they are? personally i would go for chrome

Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

I would go for the CHROME!

Also, if you have never ridden with pegs that have no rubber on them you might want to try some first. They get a little slippery when wet.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

Also remember the ones you have chosen will get scratched up pretty easy. Some with rubber contact pads will look better for longer.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
phantom rider
Tourer

I have those pegs and grips and they are fine. I wear full-fingered gloves so it doesn't matter that the grips don't have rubber on them. The grips did teach me to stop with the throttle death grip. The holes provide enough grippage on grips and pegs. My feet have not slipped off of the pegs yet. The only problem I have is that I only 5'7" so I am fully stretched out to reach the pegs.

I did notice that the throttle grip is a hair big in diameter, which rattles ever so slightly when your hand isn't on it. Some tape would probably correct that. And yes, dirt may get into the throttle grip, but it will fall back out of another hole. I haven't scratched mine yet and my boots usually have a rock stuck in them.

Go with what you like, that is what I did.

Oh, by the way, if you do get them..... and you are cleaning or working on your bike - be carefull... they will leave a nice knot on your shin.

Last edited by phantom rider; 02-03-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
jameymiller00
Advanced
Default powder coating

I took my front signals, brake pedal and shifter pedals and belt guard to the powder coater today. I will post picts when i get them back. total cost is 35$ went with mirror black

Old 02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser

phantom rider - I think the black looks GREAT on your bike (especially since it's black). However, Alain I think you should get chrome.
Here are the pegs and grips I'm putting on.
The pegs match the shape of my mirrors.

your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-1dc3_2.jpg

your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker-161030573_tp.jpg

Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
phantom rider
Tourer

Agree with the chrome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: your opinion on grips/pegs for my Rocker