Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night train okay for first bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Elusion
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night train okay for first bike?

I was pretty much set to get a Nightster, but then I saw an 06 Night Train with some aftermarket stuff on it. Looked really nice.
Is that too much Bike for a first bike?

Also, what's a fair price for a 06 Night Train with 10000 miles on it?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

first second and last

Old 02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
RHZ
4th Gear

I was going to get the nightster for my first bike in november, I love the old look and the price. If you look into how cool those bikes looked when customized they are awesome!
Last Saturday I got the bike I really wanted, the Rocker C!! it is still my first 20k 1500 cc bike and if you ask me, it is not too much bike for me. IT IS THE BIKE I WANTED!!!
Do not settle for anything less than what you want unless you can't afford it and you are dying to ride. Be careful as I've been for the past four days and ride!
I know I'm not a "seasoned rider" but I know what I like and what makes me happy!
By the way, all the bikes look good when moded right!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

As with all things in life,....go with your heart...

D

Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Elusion
2nd Gear

But what's a good price for this year Night Train? I don't really want to pay too too much.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer

Originally Posted by Elusion
But what's a good price for this year Night Train? I don't really want to pay too too much.
Last Jan. I paid $11,500 for an 06 with a few mods on it. I thought I got a pretty good deal as it hadn't got it's first scatch on it in a little over 6,000 miles. I quickly took care of that when I had a screwdriver slip about a week after I got it.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:37 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NT was the first bike I owned...no regrets ever..one of the most interesting bikes out there is the NT, and wait till the mods begin!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:38 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
Last Jan. I paid $11,500 for an 06 with a few mods on it. I thought I got a pretty good deal as it hadn't got it's first scatch on it in a little over 6,000 miles. I quickly took care of that when I had a screwdriver slip about a week after I got it.
welcome to the club, we all have screwdriver slips, they are called "unique owner mods" lol

Old 02-05-2009, 07:59 AM
doubledown11
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NT would be a fine first bike. Just take it slow at first. Later when everything is clicking you won't regret your decision.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
HDChloe
Road Captain

My wife is 5'1". She never had ridden a motorycle in her life. I put her in the Harley safety motorcycle class and when she passed we bought her a Heritage Softail Classic. We modded it to fit her. Long story short: We went to Yellowstone last year (2000 miles) on our Harleys.

Yes, any bike you want for a first bike will be just fine.

My advice: Buy used!!! You can get great deals right now. However, if you have to buy new, plan on getting a good deal too.

My deal went like this: You can buy an 09 Cross bones and we will take off all dealer fees and give you a $500 gift card. Or, you can buy an 08 Cross Bones and we will take off $1500 and give you $500 card. Which one do you want?

I bought the 08 Bones because it was basically the same bike. This was last August before things really took a dump too. Surely, you can get better deals than that now.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Night train okay for first bike?