Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Bluesman42
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat advice

Hey all - new to the site here. I have a 2008 Heritage Classic, which I love. I have not done any customization yet.

While there are lots of things I would like to do, I figure the first thing I am going to do is replace the seat. My wife is definitely not happy with the stock passenger pillion (can't say I blame her).

I am looking at Mustang seats, specifically the One-Piece Wide Studded Super Touring Seat (or the Regal plushy version).

Does anyone have any experience with these, or other suggestions? This is ALL about passenger comfort - after all, if she is not happy, I am not happy!

thx
Fred

Old 02-09-2009, 08:00 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome bluesman42. i don't have any info on the mustang. i put the hd touring pass. pillion on my heritage. still didn't help her much. it is wider than the standard, but not much more cushion.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 AM
softail04
Road Master

my bike has the mustang pillow top seat and the wife likes it

Attached Thumbnails Seat advice-vvccxx.jpg  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:27 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Check out C & C Seats www.ccseats.com great quality and price. Call and talk to Chuck he will take good care of you.

I have the CC Fastback and like it more than the Corbin I used to have. They make a Sport Tour and Touring seat that will give your passenger a lot of comfort

Old 02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
wahdavis
Intermediate

I bought a Mustang one-piece wide studded super touring seat p/n- 76047 a couple of weeks ago directly from Mustang for my 2008 Heritage Classic and didn't like it at all. The seat positioned me to far forward and was not at all comfortable to me. I called Mustang and told them that I was not satisfied with the seat and asked to return it. Mustang sent me a prepaid return shipping label and sold me a 17.5" one-piece wide studded super touring seat p/n-76179 and a 14" studded rear seat p/n-76180. I installed it this weekend and could not be any happier with it and my wife really likes it. It takes less than 20 minutes to remove the old seat and install the new one. Mustang took 10% off the advertised price and shipping was only a dollar.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
powaypete
Road Master

Question, why is she unhappy with the seat? Is it too narrow, not soft enough, is she sitting on her tail bone? I tried numerous seats until I finally figured out that it was her tail bone that was hurting .
So I made the sissy bar upright instead of layed back, she's very happy now with a wide pillion (14") and sitting upright like on an ultra.

I removed the side plates from the sissy bar, drilled the top holes on each side plate, cut the attach 'tubes'. Put a bolt thru the top hole to connect the 'tubes', used a 90* commpass to align the 'tubes' with the bottom of the side plate at 90*, and welded it. If you don't have a welder, a muffler shop can do this for you. You can also have it rechromed or you can paint it and the sissy bar to match your bike (mine's black).

Do some research first for the reason for the 'uncomfortableness.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

harley has a sundowner 2 up for about $300 but if you want solo most of the time then Mustang wide vintage.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM
gkuypers
Novice
Default Seat

My wife, also was unhappy with the stock seat, so I purchased the larger Studded Harley Pillon & Larger Studded Backrest and she seems happy. I too tried the Harley one-piece seat with a backrest and most of these seats seem to move you quite a bit forward and up while riding. I still wanted a backrest, because I really don't think the stock seat is all that uncomfortable and found one at www.Firehousecustoms.com and love it. It uses the stock seat mounting bolts and saves me a lot of back pain.

Attached Thumbnails Seat advice-bike_august_2008_forum.jpg