Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Floorboards vs. Forward Controls

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:17 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 06flstf
I'm 6' and the floorboards almost feel like having mid controls, on longer rides I end up with my heal on the boards and toes sticking out the top/side. Have considered MarkIII's and highway bars but they don't put me in comfortable position either (have to raise legs up into more of a clamshell).
I have the exact same problem, that's why I got the Mark III, works great.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:38 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Get the Mark III's and some Harley Goodies extensions. I think this is a far more comfortable option than forward control, not to mention more cost effective. You will be amazed at the additional range of motion available for your feet with the goodies. I say this not to plug my product, but I feel that it will be a much better choice opposed to forwards.

Forwards are great, but you only have the option of having your feet in one position with them. You might think that with floorboards there is only position available as well, but once you put on the goodies and some mark III's youwill see that you cna move your feet around to multiple differnt places.

Don't let me mmake your decision for you, jsut do a search for my product and read through the comments from people who ahve gotten them. See the reviews on my site as well. They are real reviews.

I am a new employee at Harley goodies and would not work for this company if I did not beleive in this product.

I ahve the mark III's by Kuryakyn prior to getting my goodies, and they were okay, but once I added the goodies I was in heaven. I almost forgot to ask how tall you are and what your weight is. These two factors definitely play a role in how much pressure is put on your feet, legs, etc., and how much space you ahve for them on the boards. Feel free to PM me with any questions regarding our product. No matter what you decide, I wish you may years of enjoyment to come on your new bike.