Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang vs. La Pera

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:01 PM
wouldie59
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang vs. La Pera

Has anyone experienced both and, if so, which is preferred? Leaning towards La Pera due to style.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:23 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No doubt that a mustang is going to be more comfortable but... I hate the toad stool look. So after trying the mustang with back support I pulled it off and sold it to a buddy. I went with the Le Pera 2 up Daytona Regal Plush and I love it. So does the wife. The seat puts you lower so I get some lower back support and the plush allows me to ride for hours with no need to get up. I also like the fact that Le Pera uses a solid metal seat pan and the quality is awesome! The put a soft carpet (for lack of better word) under the seat so you can get rid of the plastic paint protection that is under the stock seat and not worry about it scratching your paint if you go two up.

If you do not go with the plush get the gel...

Good luck

Old 05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

YOu need to tell us which models you are comparing and what kind of bike and riding you do.

I've had several of each and I like each for different reasons.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hammer107
YOu need to tell us which models you are comparing and what kind of bike and riding you do.

I've had several of each and I like each for different reasons.
I just assumed it was the fatboy in his signature but this is a very good point. What bike are you shopping for and what seats are you looking at.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mustang for comfort

Old 05-29-2009, 06:17 PM
1st HD
Outstanding HDF Member

If your riding solo check out the Mustang fastback seat. Looks good and is comfortable.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

I rode over 1,100 miles for 3 days on my Mustang. Not once was i butt tired or sore.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:11 AM
netvampire
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSeaDaddy
No doubt that a mustang is going to be more comfortable but... I hate the toad stool look. So after trying the mustang with back support I pulled it off and sold it to a buddy. I went with the Le Pera 2 up Daytona Regal Plush and I love it. So does the wife. The seat puts you lower so I get some lower back support and the plush allows me to ride for hours with no need to get up. I also like the fact that Le Pera uses a solid metal seat pan and the quality is awesome! The put a soft carpet (for lack of better word) under the seat so you can get rid of the plastic paint protection that is under the stock seat and not worry about it scratching your paint if you go two up.

If you do not go with the plush get the gel...

Good luck
Is this the seat you are talking about,

FXST :: SOFTAIL MODELS :: '84-'09 150MM TIRE

2Up Daytona Regal Plush
Same sporty features as our Daytona Sport, only with 8.5" of rear passenger seating, and Regal Plush seating areas.

MSRP $392.00

Part Number LN-543RP ['84-'99]

LX-543RP ['00-'05]

LX-543RP ['06-'09 150mm]]

Been looking at this myself, but by your pics seems it might bring you back a few inches.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:07 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

I have a custom made Mustang and a custom made LePera for different reasons. Have a look at the following links. I prefer the Mustang WAYYYYYYY more for comfort, and the "solo" look, but when I have a passenger, the LePera goes on in about 10 seconds. I have all of the hardware for a quick change, including a little button cap to conceal the rear hole when riding with the Mustang. No tools required.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...hink-pics.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...00mm-tire.html

I ended up getting the Mustang made without the "skirt" on it. It looks amazing, but I don't have any pictures of it yet in my photobucket account, so I can't show you yet. As for the stock seat....... UGGGGGLY (but that's just my opinion). I love my Fatty!!!!

Last edited by JR Ryder; 05-30-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 AM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by netvampire
Is this the seat you are talking about,

FXST :: SOFTAIL MODELS :: '84-'09 150MM TIRE

2Up Daytona Regal Plush
Same sporty features as our Daytona Sport, only with 8.5" of rear passenger seating, and Regal Plush seating areas.

MSRP $392.00

Part Number LN-543RP ['84-'99]

LX-543RP ['00-'05]

LX-543RP ['06-'09 150mm]]

Been looking at this myself, but by your pics seems it might bring you back a few inches.
Yes. It brings you back about two and drops you about two. The deluxe is already a low bike and this seat seems to put you in the bike vs. on top if you know what I mean. I am only 5' 9" and with this seat I have a set of highway pegs just forward of my floor boards. I can rest my heal on my board and my toe on the pegs and really stretch out. (see pic)

If you want a real touring seat the Maverick or Sorrento are all day saddles. You get that nice sillohuete and still keep the comfort. I will be buying one to swap out for super long days with the wife.

If you are about the comfort, may you can not beat a mustang. I just like the smaller seats and I have found that Le Pera does this and does it without killing your wallet. Not to mention they will do just about any custom seat you want.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang vs. La Pera-dsc_0024.jpg  

Last edited by BigSeaDaddy; 05-30-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustang vs. La Pera