Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C seat.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:46 PM
RaaDeuce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker C seat.

Hello everyone, I just had a concern, well let me explain first, I just bought my Rocker c 2 weeks ago, well, I hated the seat so much, that I figured I'd try to mess with it my self, before ordering a new one, so before even taking it for a ride on the freeway, I took off the seat, and bottom line didn't do such a great job, now my question is I just ordered a new Danny Gray seat, but what worries me is when i'm on my rocker specially on take offs, and high speeds, I'm coming off of the bike, it's so bad I can't just hold the bars with one hand, I mean I have to hold onto them with me dear life, once again I know I messed up the seat it has no more arch, and not much support, is that gonna change with the Danny gray solo seat, does it feel stable or I guess the word is supportive for the rider in the sense of you can ride you bike one handed and feel safe, and not to have to kill your wrists, to hold onto those handle bars for the sake of not flying off the bike?

Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RaaDeuce
Hello everyone, I just had a concern, well let me explain first, I just bought my Rocker c 2 weeks ago, well, I hated the seat so much, that I figured I'd try to mess with it my self, before ordering a new one, so before even taking it for a ride on the freeway, I took off the seat, and bottom line didn't do such a great job, now my question is I just ordered a new Danny Gray seat, but what worries me is when i'm on my rocker specially on take offs, and high speeds, I'm coming off of the bike, it's so bad I can't just hold the bars with one hand, I mean I have to hold onto them with me dear life, once again I know I messed up the seat it has no more arch, and not much support, is that gonna change with the Danny gray solo seat, does it feel stable or I guess the word is supportive for the rider in the sense of you can ride you bike one handed and feel safe, and not to have to kill your wrists, to hold onto those handle bars for the sake of not flying off the bike?
I've heard nothing but good things on the DG seat. I was gonna get one but found a awesome deal on a regular rocker seat so I just picked that up instead. I actually just got it in the mail this afternoon. Just wondering what did you do to your seat?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
RaaDeuce
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Just wondering what did you do to your seat?
Haha, you don't wanna know, I cut the lower layer of the plastic underneath the seat, only left the plastic the foam sits on, and the metal tongue that attaches to the bracket at the edge of the tank, and bolted the seat down with 2 corner brackets attached to each inner edge of the seat, and bolted that to the existing bolt holes in the frame where the old bolts where for the plastic underneath, if that makes sense, well, it's stupid, and I figured I'll try, well didn't work out very well. LOL

Last edited by RaaDeuce; 02-10-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 PM
RaaDeuce
Cruiser

I've heard nothing but good things on the DG seat. I was gonna get one but found a awesome deal on a regular rocker seat so I just picked that up instead. I actually just got it in the mail this afternoon. Just wondering what did you do to your seat?
Thanks, but I guess what I'm worried about is or, to ask in a different way, with the right seat on the bike, is the bike comfy, in a sense, where I will feel confident, that I just won't fly off of the back of the bike?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Whoa...well the main thing is that you didn't fall off, you better play with some of your other toys until you get your new seat in.
BTW hows the Vrod Muscle I really wanted one but I couldn't reach the damn foot controls

Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 PM
RaaDeuce
Cruiser

Whoa...well the main thing is that you didn't fall off, you better play with some of your other toys until you get your new seat in.
BTW hows the Vrod Muscle I really wanted one but I couldn't reach the damn foot controls
Yea tell me about it, it just haunts me sitting there, and can't ride it, but I've been on the Vrod, and it's raining here well it was, and it's clearing up for the weak, but the Vrod is so much fun, you don't even know, I love the damn thing, it's comfy and looks are deceiving, but in the mean while that thing is gotta a kick, I'm in the process of blacking it out, mufflers are black satin, and the handle bars levers, and foot levers, and more to come, I'm not tall my self, I'm surprised you couldn't reach the controls on the Vrod, my buddy is 5'7" with really short legs, he lowered it one inch, and he's more than fine. I just can't wait, to get on that Rocker, but I'll keep the thing in the garage till the seat arrives, it should be here in a weak.

Last edited by RaaDeuce; 02-10-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dg seat is great..sits u back about 3 inches and down about 2...And no u dont feel like your sliding off anymore it slopes up in the back and is really comfy...wrode about 5 hours and felt fine...

Old 02-10-2010, 11:56 PM
aus_rocker
Novice

i had the same trouble with the rocker c seat it was like if you hit a bump and lost your grip you would be gone off the back,
put the standard rocker seat on and now problem solved (thnx mike)
i would guess the danny grey would be the same or maybe even better

Old 02-11-2010, 01:01 AM
RaaDeuce
Cruiser

Thanks guys, so the bike it self is cool, it's just the seat, specially after me improvising on the stock seat, cool, I just like to feel stable in the bike, if you know what I mean, and I also like to ride one handed sometimes, and it's a big no no, with what I got right now, I actually have to hang on those handle bars so hard, specially with the increase of speed, It hurts my wrists after 5 minutes of riding.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

no worries man. once you put the DG seat on there, it'll feel like a whole different bike. no more sliding off the back and no more numb butt !!! lol

Quick Reply: Rocker C seat.