Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Double Barrels

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 02:31 PM
tenrams
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Double Barrels

If anyone has Double barrels on their bike, How do you like them?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
ColoradoBill
Tourer

Just put them on an '09 Heritage. Deep throaty rumble, not so loud they **** off the neighbors.

Attached Thumbnails V&H Double Barrels-dsc03926.jpg  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoBill
Just put them on an '09 Heritage. Deep throaty rumble, not so loud they **** off the neighbors.
I am also considering these pipes for that very reason....

The sound clips I have heard sound really "uninspiring".... in person do they still make the bike sound like a harley? I'm worried I'm gonna sound like a Honda!!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:06 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have them and they have the tq i wanted but lacked a little high end power so i opened the second baffles. it has 4 baffles in it. very well made welded one piece. it fact you could remove all the chrome and wrap the pipe and the power chamber would look cool

Old 03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

I have the SE Double Barrell 16 ga that was sold by HD but made by V&H. They are a good middle of the road selection... not too loud but sound good, and pretty good on the performance end when compared to the '06 stock mufflers. I am slightly dissappointed in the quality of the chrome and you may find that your passengers ruin your heat shields because their foot peg location makes it easy for them to mar the shelds them with their boot. I made some brackets that raised the peg further up away from the pipes.

You can also just slide the heat shields forward enough to remove your rear axle when you are changing your tire.

C#

Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

I've got them on my Deluxe and I've got the slip ons on my Sportster. The SO's are louder but they don't have the quiet baffles in them. The DB's are from the "Q Series" which means the quiet series which in turn just means that they've got the quiet baffles built in. They are a little quieter than the SO's but they sound just as "Harley". I don't worry about riding through Huntington Beach when I'm on the Deluxe, but when I'm on the Sportster I have to take it easy through there as the cops are kinda looking for noisy bikes in that city.

I actually like the fact that they won't **** off the neighbors as easily as the SO's do. They seem to perform very nicely. I've got the V&H FuelPak on both bikes and I haven't had any issues with either bike. I'd recommend the pipes. They look and sound great and they won't get you in any trouble.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by tk353
i have them and they have the tq i wanted but lacked a little high end power so i opened the second baffles. it has 4 baffles in it. very well made welded one piece. it fact you could remove all the chrome and wrap the pipe and the power chamber would look cool
Hi, just a question about removing the baffles - if it is a one-piece welded unit, with 4 baffles, how do you get to them and how did you emove the second baffle? and why the second bafle and not the first or last?

Thanks.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by jbg
I've got them on my Deluxe and I've got the slip ons on my Sportster. The SO's are louder but they don't have the quiet baffles in them. The DB's are from the "Q Series" which means the quiet series which in turn just means that they've got the quiet baffles built in. They are a little quieter than the SO's but they sound just as "Harley". I don't worry about riding through Huntington Beach when I'm on the Deluxe, but when I'm on the Sportster I have to take it easy through there as the cops are kinda looking for noisy bikes in that city.

I actually like the fact that they won't **** off the neighbors as easily as the SO's do. They seem to perform very nicely. I've got the V&H FuelPak on both bikes and I haven't had any issues with either bike. I'd recommend the pipes. They look and sound great and they won't get you in any trouble.
jbj, thanks for the fedback.... I notice you have the Dbl barrel "longs" which probably have a different sound again to the standard length Dbl Barrels??

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
vinnys09
Intermediate
Default V & H dual for 09 Fatboy

hello all looking for answers? have an 09 Faboy all stock want to put on pipes, i see V & H makes a true dual, now here is the problem, i've talk to dealers they tell me not to put the duals on too many problems, talk to local motorcycle shops they say no problem. i know with pipes need to change air cleaner also put fuel pack on. so does anybody have any answers or have put duals on fatboy. thanks

Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Hi, just a question about removing the baffles - if it is a one-piece welded unit, with 4 baffles, how do you get to them and how did you emove the second baffle? and why the second bafle and not the first or last?

Thanks.
the baffles have a freeze plug cap on the beginning of each baffle. the front baffle has holes around the baffle and the second one does too. i just drilled the 1.25 hole in the second baffle. i did not want to change the first baffle because of the power chamber and the back pressure.

i had the hooker rebels and they are dual pipes with no crossover. they lack the low rpm tq but have higher hp
it depends on what is important to you. some like true duals with fish tails and others what performance and have cams and short pipes and other like myself care more about rideability than looks or high speed.

Last edited by tk353; 03-01-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Quick Reply: V&H Double Barrels