Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for some seat help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Syman02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some seat help

I have a 06 Fatboy and I am wanting to replace the factory seat. I am 6'4" so I want to make sure the new seat does not move me any more forward. I am in hopes of getting a solo with the add on passenger seat for the wife. She says the factory seat is not the greatest for her either. Can any of you tall riders point me in the right direction? Thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 AM
RaaDeuce
Cruiser

I'm not tall, nor do I own a Fatboy, but I know Danny Gray doesn't move you forward, maybe back, at least it did on my Rocker C, check them out, they got great quality, and a lot of options.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
FrozenInTime
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm 6-2 myself. I don't know about the solo's yet, I'm gonna get the mustang with back rest soon. I put the HD signature seat on my 09 fatboy last summer, I can tell ya it moved me down and forward way to much. It's a 1-piece, my wife loves the ride on it. There's a couple of good threads going about seats in this section, lots of good seat info. My seat would be great for a shorter, skinny guy in need of back support...

Old 03-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Syman02
Cruiser

Thanks for the input. I still haven't made up my mind yet which seat is the right one for me. Guess I'll have to keep on looking and do some more research. Anyone else have any thoughts for a good seat for a tall guy and wife.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
bucholj
Cruiser

I struggled with this also when I got my FatBoy. I am 6'4" and ride two up. I went with the C&C sport tour seat. It moved me back an inch or two and offers some back support. More leg room and back support is what I was looking for and the C&C seat gave me both, plus it looks good I think. see pic

Attached Thumbnails Looking for some seat help-100_0268.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 05:10 PM
FrozenInTime
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice lookin seat/bike. I still have to have the added backrest, does that have the option to add one? Where's the middle of no-where? I thought that was where I was? DL here.. LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 12:54 AM
bucholj
Cruiser

"Where's the middle of no-where?" Minot

Old 03-05-2010, 12:55 AM
SBJJC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trade in for a Electra Glide, she'll love ya for the comfort

Old 03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
rgoose
Stage III

Have tried the Sundowner seat, the Signature seat w/backrest, and the Mustang Vintage seat w/backrest. The Sundowner seat is great - had they designed it with an optional backrest, would be the best seat, particularly for all day long hard rides. It is very comfortable and doesn't push you forward and allows you to stretch your legs, but sadly, no backrest. The Signature seat puts you on top of the tank, narrower in the seat pan and the nose than the Sundowner. My wife tried it (driver's seat), also did not like it - she thought it was a very small seat as well and she is 5'6 and weights 150lbs. The only positive on the Signature was the back rest was comfortable, but the seat was terrible - very small seat pan. The Mustang is new to me and haven't ridden on any long rides yet, but have friends who have it who put on several hundred miles in a day and highly recommend it - adjustable backrest seems great and seat doesn't push you forward - just maybe slightly higher than stock.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:02 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to throw it out there but ALL LePera seat will set you back and in the bike. They have seat like the Maverick that are two up that have a wide back seat for the lady. They also have some of the baddest solo seats out there. That and the fit and finish of a LePera is second to NONE.

Quick Reply: Looking for some seat help