Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello to all. I'd like to thank all of you for your wonderful posts regarding the FatBoy Lo and its mods. I truly enjoy what I've been reading in the past 3 months since my purchase of a 2012 FatBoy Lo.
My itch to modify the look of this bike has triggered many questions and I definitely need your help.
To Fat11Lo and everyone, in order to place those floor stands and to remove the front wheel and forks, how and where would you place your floor jack under the frame to lift the bike up without touching the rear shocks, which are situated lower than the frame itself? I have a Sears lift pictured below. I thank you and appreciate any insight. Ride safe, always. (Can't post the pic, darn it)

Last edited by RightOnFatty; 03-25-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I was wondering what parts you used for the bullet turnsignals I have been putting my parts list together for a similar set up
The fronts? They are designed to work with the aux light bar.

69079-04a Bullet turn signal relocate to aux bar $65

That comes with everything needed to use with the standard light bar. The deluxe kit comes with signals. If I were to do it again, I'd go with the deluxe bar setup.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:42 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Hello to all. I'd like to thank all of you for your wonderful posts regarding the FatBoy Lo and its mods. I truly enjoy what I've been reading in the past 3 months since my purchase of a 2012 FatBoy Lo.
My itch to modify the look of this bike has triggered many questions and I definitely need your help.
To Fat11Lo and everyone, in order to place those floor stands and to remove the front wheel and forks, how and where would you place your floor jack under the frame to lift the bike up without touching the rear shocks, which are situated lower than the frame itself? I have a Sears lift pictured below. I thank you and appreciate any insight. Ride safe, always. (Can't post the pic, darn it)
  1. You can do pics if you host them externally and link to them.
  2. Just slide a MC jack under there and lift it up. The shocks won't get hurt, they don't hang that far down.
  3. You'll have to figure out where to put stands. Without a engine guard it might be difficult. You can always use blocks of wood under the frame, or just leave it on the jack.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Welcome to the forum. As far as using your jack and not hitting the shocks I use the Harley frame protectors. They work to get your bike up off of your jack to clear your shocks and protect your frame. http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
The fronts? They are designed to work with the aux light bar.

69079-04a Bullet turn signal relocate to aux bar $65

That comes with everything needed to use with the standard light bar. The deluxe kit comes with signals. If I were to do it again, I'd go with the deluxe bar setup.
Hey Bill, I am thinking about getting that relocation kit as well, but damn, $65!? What does it come with? You have a 2010, right? I think for the '11s the signals are wired right up into the switches. I will have to check when I get home, and see if that will be more work than what it is worth. Yea, I would like to have the signals off of the bars, but if it is gonna be a shitload of work, I can live with them on the bars. Then again, I eill have it torn down, so maybe, we will see.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Hey Bill, I am thinking about getting that relocation kit as well, but damn, $65!? What does it come with? You have a 2010, right? I think for the '11s the signals are wired right up into the switches. I will have to check when I get home, and see if that will be more work than what it is worth. Yea, I would like to have the signals off of the bars, but if it is gonna be a shitload of work, I can live with them on the bars. Then again, I eill have it torn down, so maybe, we will see.
For me it was plug n play, new turn signals ready to mount, and on a '10 they plug in under the tank. So that part probably only works on <'10 bikes. I feel bad for you '11 up guys.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

I'm really wanting to do the light bar as well but dang its so expensive. Now its going to be even more since I have the LED headlight. Just not sure I can swing the $500 bucks for that setup with so much other stuff I want to do as well. Hmmm, maybe just maybe, if I can sell those hard bags. LOL!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Damn, yea, I guess it would be like $500 with the LEDs. With the bulbs, aux light kit and trim rings, I think it only cost me $250. I got those along with some other things from LSHD1.com in a pretty big order. They, unfortunately, do not carry that light kit Bill mentioned, so I will have to get it somewhere else. So why the change of heart on the hard bags?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by protocolgeorge
Hey guys, just thought I would post some new pics since I finished adding for the upcoming riding season. Added blacked out front forks, black billet caps for everything, LED Headlight, Headlight Trim Ring, Various Powder Coated bit and pieces, New Shift Linkage, SEPro II Tuner, Stage 1 program and intake. I love how it has all turned out.
Nice bike!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damn, yea, I guess it would be like $500 with the LEDs. With the bulbs, aux light kit and trim rings, I think it only cost me $250. I got those along with some other things from LSHD1.com in a pretty big order. They, unfortunately, do not carry that light kit Bill mentioned, so I will have to get it somewhere else. So why the change of heart on the hard bags?
Yes it was about 500 from Surdyke. I bought softail hardbags not the touring bags because of my pipe. Then I just decided I really liked the look of the leather with the denim black. Just matched well to my eye.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners