Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom sissy bars for Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:00 AM
Mobscene
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hrdhtdvr,
Holy cow, it's been a long time! Sorry, haven't been back...
I wound up going with the custom plates from Cyclevisions, and I put the tallest sissybar available from HD on my bike. It definitely helped with mounting my T-Bags, kept it a lot more sturdy.
I don't remember which one it was, but it has a back pad on it, and it's probably made for all Softails.

Deuski, As far as the side plates, they do mount between the fender and the struts, only pushing the struts out about 1/8th". I did have to remove them to get the side plates in, but they look fine and stay put. I also put a thin sheet of black foam cushioning between the fender and the side plates, just in case I wanted to remove them in the future, I didn't want metal on metal, scratching everything up. Not that hey should move, but you never know...
The one drawback is the solo riding look. I hate having the backrest sissybar on there when I'm not carrying a passenger or gear, so now I'm looking into something more custom and cool looking that I can swap out whenever I'm just cruising around. That's how I came upon this thread again! Google brought me...
Hope you guys are still here and this helped a little!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:15 AM
1harleyman
Advanced
Default Taller sissy bar

I had the same problem ,wife wanted a taller back rest for my 07 FXSTC . I love the king queen seat though so i got creative

Attached Thumbnails Custom sissy bars for Deuce?-_mg_0075.jpg  
Old 05-13-2022, 06:27 PM
Straywolf
Stage I
Thumbs up seat extension

Originally Posted by 1harleyman
I had the same problem ,wife wanted a taller back rest for my 07 FXSTC . I love the king queen seat though so i got creative
great idea. love the creativity. I hope you don't mind me using your idea because it is the best I've seen.
The first to replicate it for distribution will make a mint.

Old 07-12-2023, 01:55 PM
DeuceZaptt
Stage I
Default Have any tips or pics

Originally Posted by Mobscene
Hrdhtdvr,
Holy cow, it's been a long time! Sorry, haven't been back...
I wound up going with the custom plates from Cyclevisions, and I put the tallest sissybar available from HD on my bike. It definitely helped with mounting my T-Bags, kept it a lot more sturdy.
I don't remember which one it was, but it has a back pad on it, and it's probably made for all Softails.

Deuski, As far as the side plates, they do mount between the fender and the struts, only pushing the struts out about 1/8th". I did have to remove them to get the side plates in, but they look fine and stay put. I also put a thin sheet of black foam cushioning between the fender and the side plates, just in case I wanted to remove them in the future, I didn't want metal on metal, scratching everything up. Not that hey should move, but you never know...
The one drawback is the solo riding look. I hate having the backrest sissybar on there when I'm not carrying a passenger or gear, so now I'm looking into something more custom and cool looking that I can swap out whenever I'm just cruising around. That's how I came upon this thread again! Google brought me...
Hope you guys are still here and this helped a little!
just got a set of cycle vision side plates would love to get any tips or pics of what ya had to do to put them on thanks

Old 07-12-2023, 02:57 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 803 Likes on 538 Posts

Is this a record? Just for your info, the original poster hasn't been on in 9 years.

Old 07-12-2023, 08:49 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,380 Likes on 4,003 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI

Is this a record? Just for your info, the original poster hasn't been on in 9 years.

Nope, I've seen double digit necroposts... I think 13 years is the oldest I've seen...