Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFM Automatic Clutch?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:52 PM
4myvrod
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running an EFM clutch on my 02 Vrod and I love it. I had a stroke about 4 years ago and up until about a year ago, I couldn't use my left hand. Now I can and I am in the process of buying my first clutched bike in over 5 years, which I am so excited about. BTW the Vrod is up for sale and it also has a Quickshifter installed on it. For those that don't know, you can basically shift through the gears with no clutch and throttle wide open. Fun as hell!! If anyone is interested in bike, let me know.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Keepumrolling@aol.com
Stage IV
Default EFM Auto sucks

I have an EFM Auto clutch in my Softail custom and it will not let me shift gears when racing it as soon as it goes over 3500 RPMs you can pull the clutch in and shift gears and it doesn't shift until the RPMs come back down and then you can shift is that how this works I've called the guy in Ohio several times and he tells me you can shift without the clutch choosing the neutral in between each gear but once the RPMs go above 3500 4000 RPMs it will not shift is anybody sure on how this clutch works even the guy that makes it can't get a straight answer from him they say you can drag race with them in his website how do you drag race if you can't use the clutch to shift gears at high RPMs makes no sense to me

Old 06-07-2017, 06:13 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

https://rekluse.com

Made in Idaho, literally 3 miles from the shop, awsome guys to deal with...EXCELENT product!

Old 06-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Not sure about that brand, but you should look into the Rekluse clutch. www.rekluse.com Its on my mod list, down the road. Also a lot stronger clutch in terms of torque capacity. There are several videos around. Motocross guys use em too.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Keepumrolling@aol.com
Stage IV

Originally Posted by hog-doc
https://rekluse.com

Made in Idaho, literally 3 miles from the shop, awsome guys to deal with...EXCELENT product!
the guy that makes the EFM Auto clutch is out of Ohio there's dealers all over the place but the main manufacturers out of Ohio

Old 06-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Keepumrolling@aol.com
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Keepumrolling@aol.com
the guy that makes the EFM Auto clutch is out of Ohio there's dealers all over the place but the main manufacturers out of Ohio
my bike's a 94 Harley I don't think recluse makes clutches for those older Harleys

Old 06-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

They dont, Twincam years only

Old 01-06-2019, 08:36 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I had to readjust my Rekluse Auto Clutch no less than 14 times in 37 months of ownership on my 2015 Road Glide CVO. It finally needed to be replaced 2 months ago at 53,240 miles on the Rekluse.

I’m back to running my OEM clutch which had only 10K miles on it before going with the Rekluse up in Daytona during bike week in 2015.
I’ve called Rekluse early on about the many adjustments I went through and was told to keep the RPMs above 2,400 RPMs. This didn’t help much. The hydraulic clutch adjustments weren’t hard to do, I just got very proficient doing them even in parking lots.

The Rekluse was great when it didn’t need adjustments which became a pain in the backside doing them so often.
I’m approaching 70K miles on my Road Glide, if I continue to own it I’d like to install the EFM Auto Clutch next since they claim no adjustments will ever be required.

Old 08-08-2022, 10:29 AM
Twitch_RoadQueen
Stage I
Default EFM Question

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I had to readjust my Rekluse Auto Clutch no less than 14 times in 37 months of ownership on my 2015 Road Glide CVO. It finally needed to be replaced 2 months ago at 53,240 miles on the Rekluse.

I’m back to running my OEM clutch which had only 10K miles on it before going with the Rekluse up in Daytona during bike week in 2015.
I’ve called Rekluse early on about the many adjustments I went through and was told to keep the RPMs above 2,400 RPMs. This didn’t help much. The hydraulic clutch adjustments weren’t hard to do, I just got very proficient doing them even in parking lots.

The Rekluse was great when it didn’t need adjustments which became a pain in the backside doing them so often.
I’m approaching 70K miles on my Road Glide, if I continue to own it I’d like to install the EFM Auto Clutch next since they claim no adjustments will ever be required.
I know this thread is a few years old but I was curious if you had given the EFM Clutch a try. I had the same issue you did with the Rekluse Clutch. It nearly got me killed when the clutch started slipping and got stuck in 4th gear when I was riding the badlands in the rain. It was great when it worked but towards 10K miles it needed to be adjusted every other time I rode it seemed. I am about to purchase an EFM clutch to give that a try. I have a disability that prevents me from using an OEM clutch so the EFM clutch may be my last chance to keep my Harley.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:25 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Twitch_RoadQueen
I know this thread is a few years old but I was curious if you had given the EFM Clutch a try. I had the same issue you did with the Rekluse Clutch. It nearly got me killed when the clutch started slipping and got stuck in 4th gear when I was riding the badlands in the rain. It was great when it worked but towards 10K miles it needed to be adjusted every other time I rode it seemed. I am about to purchase an EFM clutch to give that a try. I have a disability that prevents me from using an OEM clutch so the EFM clutch may be my last chance to keep my Harley.
I still own my 2015 Road Glide CVO, I now have just shy of 125K miles on her. At 95K miles I had my dealership install the Stage 4 117” kit and upgraded its exhaust system, and suspension system front & rear. My clutch is the heavy duty Screaming Eagle. I still haven’t tried the EMF auto clutch, however I’m very interested in doing so. I have about 30K miles on my present clutch and knowing I’ll need a replacement in less than 20K miles.

I’m still trying to find out from any Harley owner that has the EFM Auto-clutch. However in the meantime should EFM attend the Daytona Beach Bike Week or Biketoberfest, I’ll jump on it there.