Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another helmet question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another helmet question.

Ok, I have searched and searched all the helmet threads and couldnt get an exact answer.

I know many of you have Biltwell, Rockhard, Bell 500, and Fulmer 3/4 open face helmets. I have read and read about them. My question is how does the Bell 500 fit? I have a large but narrow head. long oval. 7 3/8 hat size. I like all the helmets listed, but I dont want to buy another helmet to add to my pile of helmets I dont use. So which helmet is going to fit a narrow head? I would like the bell 500. Then maybe the rockhard helmet second. Thanks

Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 PM
IED Bait
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you buying your helmets? In store or internet? If off of the internet I would forget that method and go to the dealer/shop and have someone there help you try on several styles and sizes. Have them use only new helmets and not the floor models because you want something that is going to fit your head not 500 others. Good luck.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 PM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser

i live 60 miles roundtrip to the nearest town. there are 2 bike shops. neither carry any of those helmets or anything similar. i looked or called all the shops within 100 miles. (no kidding) nobody carries anything but basically full face helmets and some shops had half helmets, both dot and novelty almost no 3/4 helmets. And nobody carried any of these helmets I like. So, it will be off the iternet. Thats why I am asking before I order.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wear the Fulmer, and it has fit great since I bought it. Of course I got to try it on and wear it in the store.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:43 PM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser

But, what shape is your head???

I would also like to know if anyone has ever tried on the simpson bandit helmet. I like the look of it for winter. I would like to buy a lightweight full face also. In December, January, and February a full face is nice. Any suggestions on a full face? I have an old HJC from the mid 90s. but something lighter and smaller would be nice.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Lucky22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Bell Custom 500 speed soul. Looks awesome. It all depends what's narrow. But isn't that always the question. ;-) But I think it will work out fine.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:23 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the biltwell 1 size fits all.not dot but who cares its better than a beanie of all the helmets you mentioned the biltwell is the lightest and the smallest which is why i purchased it..i didnt want to look like kazoo from cartoons

Old 02-08-2011, 02:29 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never owned a Bell 5,000,000 but i have had most of the other lids listed ... And i can say that the Fulmer V2 is your ticket. That lid is designed for the narrow melon people. I have a more rounded face/head and this lid squeeeeed the **** out of me... so i sold it.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:44 PM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
I've never owned a Bell 5,000,000 but i have had most of the other lids listed ... And i can say that the Fulmer V2 is your ticket. That lid is designed for the narrow melon people. I have a more rounded face/head and this lid squeeeeed the **** out of me... so i sold it.
this is the kind of post I was looking for. the brand and the way it fits. Thank you.

I did try on a Fulmer V2 last year, but it was a size small. so, I couldnt decide.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:48 PM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't know about their .75 helmets, but all the Bell .5 helmets that I've tried on were for a more rounded melon. Every one of them dug into the front and back of my head.

Quick Reply: Another helmet question.