Notices
Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXST or FXSTD?

Old 10-22-2006, 10:36 PM
rountree
One Of The Regulars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FXST or FXSTD?

Two bikes are always a good thing. I have a Deuce and love the look and it works great as my riding is solo or two up with one of the kids. Most of my touring is solo and I can pack for a week with the Deuce bags and T-bags roll bag on the rack (of course it helps that I often ride with people with touring bikes). Saddlebags are limited; but I'm one of those people that like the Deuce's pro street look.

If I was buying a bike today though, I would probably be looking at Street Glide.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:27 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be a bit biased but I say Deuce... of course I don't do any two-up with it so can't comment on that.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:22 AM
jackhammer
One Of The Regulars

If you do two up riding then go with the classic. You can remove the windshield as you said you don't use one but it there if you change your mind. It has a back rest, comfy seat and bags. The bike looks cool, not to big in town as it is a softail. Its got the foot boards for comfort to. Not sure what your budget is but you really need to consider the wife. I chose the standard back in 01 and still like it because I like to change it up now and again and the cost/look of black and chrome was not a big factor for me.

In the end I would suggest you take your wife with you to pick out your next ride. My wife does not ride at all and that allows be to travel alone or with the boys but it sure would be nice to share the adventure sometimes with your better half. Good luck with your choice.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
2deuce
Road Master

Here's a late opinion. I had an 03 Deuce with a Mustang wide vintage seat. Longest times in the saddle were 13 hrs and 18 hrs. No problem with the 21" tires outside of loose gravel and grass, but you just have to pay attention. You have to hold it a bit if you ride tight curves agressively. Mama wanted a bigger back rest and some more packing room, so in Jan I got an 06 Electraglide. 5 seats, 6 months and 8000 miles later, Mama said get the Deuce back. Tried that but it was sold, so I had to settle for an 07 Deuce! Got the Mustang seat on it and the smile's back on ma face! I average 12,000 to 15,0000 miles a year.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

enjoy the '07!

Old 03-21-2015, 04:57 PM
shimaze
One Of The Regulars
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default What is the difference between deuce, custom, & standard?

Everyone keeps screaming deuce? What is the difference between deuce, custom, & standard? Is the frame longer on a deuce?

Old 03-21-2015, 08:30 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

yeah - everyone screamed the Deuce, years ago.

you do realize you resurrected a 9 year old thread, don't you?

Old 03-22-2015, 06:16 AM
shimaze
One Of The Regulars
Red face Old thread, but a good thread...

Yup, it is an old thread. I did a search! I am looking for a 2007 Softail and I am trying to learn about the differences between the Softails made in 2007. I want the 2007 because it is the only Softail that has the 96b twincam motor and the 6 speed trans. It also has the big 200 series tire. I do know I have to have the black motor!

I became interested in the 2007s when I started looking at putting a big tire, 96 cid motor, and 6 speed trans in my '90 Springer. I think I am better off, cost wise, to get a 2007 Softail and put my Springer front end on it. If that is possible?

Thanks, Shimaze

PS> Is it bad or good to resurrect an old thread? Or is it better to start a new thread?

Here is a pic of a FXSTC that just sold on eBay for $12,000

And here is a 2008 FXSTSE that is listed for $15,000

Old 03-22-2015, 06:27 AM
Village Idiot™
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

The C is for Custom. It had a 200mm rear wheel and bobbed fender but was basically like all the other softails as far as parts go. The Deuce (D) has a longer neck or backbone on the frame with a solid 160mm rear wheel and slash cut fender. The standard backrest will not fit and several other parts had to be made just for that model. I put a 2007 Custom wheel on my Deuce but it takes time, money, and a right angle grinder if you done get a specific wheel. Even then the disc has to come off the wheel to get it off the bike. Looks awesome though. The bike in my sig is a Deuce.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:49 AM
shimaze
One Of The Regulars
Talking

VI, thanks for the reply. I guess the frames between the three Softail models are different, as is the ability to use the 200 tire?

This is 2007 Deuce

This is a 2007 FXST

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FXST or FXSTD?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: