Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson Cholo's, torque cones?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Samson Cholo's, torque cones?

I get my bike back mid week, with my Samson cholo's fitted, which have no baffles, to be honest I cant remember whether I asked for them with or without, and now I'm getting a little edgy as to how Loud they will be, and if I will lose any torque, I can probably live with them being on the loud side, but not with a loss in torque.
Question is will I need torque cones for the Cholo's? and will they make much difference?

Old 10-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
I get my bike back mid week, with my Samson cholo's fitted, which have no baffles, to be honest I cant remember whether I asked for them with or without, and now I'm getting a little edgy as to how Loud they will be, and if I will lose any torque, I can probably live with them being on the loud side, but not with a loss in torque.
Question is will I need torque cones for the Cholo's? and will they make much difference?
I just installed the cholos on my bike about a week and a half ago. They are unbaffled and they are loud and I love it! As far as torque goes, I had samson sidewinders on the bike before the cholos, I feel like a gained power with these. I installed some thundervolt plug wires this morning and took it out for a quick ride, feels like its pulling pretty good compared to the last exhaust even with adding the bags and the new fenders.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:46 PM
aquaelvis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search and look for my post from a few months ago. I posted the same thing and got some good info.
Mine aren't on yet but I am not going with T cones.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:12 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torque cone is my exp really don't do Chet unless your bike is performances out

Old 10-30-2011, 04:12 PM
SMF
Banned

Performanced*

Old 10-30-2011, 06:30 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had torque cones in my Samson first generation Rip Saws, which are drag pipes without baffles. My 103" engine ran great with that setup.
The only reason I switched to a Fat Cat was I couldn't take the outrageous volume of exhaust noise from the Rip Saws.
I had the Rip Saws on for about 3 years before switching. The reason it took me so long to switch was the bike ran so great that I was afraid I'd screw up the performance by going to another exhaust.
I never rode with the torque cones removed, when I had the Rip Saws so I don't know how much they contributed.
Tom

Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I tried toque cones in my first set of Samson's and did not feel any difference at all. Needless to say I am not running torque cones now.

Drew

Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
mori55
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of thunder city baffles that will fit in the head pipe . Unbaffled there pretty loud.
I have them unopened in the box 50.00 .

Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
The Samson Torque Cones will give you an advantage with an increase of 3-5 foot pounds more torque.
Thank you,
JR

Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
The Samson Torque Cones will give you an advantage with an increase of 3-5 foot pounds more torque.
Thank you,
JR
JR, will that be true to the 39" cholos as well? I really did not notice a loss in power when I installed my 39s.

Quick Reply: Samson Cholo's, torque cones?