Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXSTB Pull Back Riser and Handlebar Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Mark757
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXSTB Pull Back Riser and Handlebar Kit

Has anyone bought and installed the FXSTB Pull Back Riser and Handlebar Kit?
I am plenty tall but want to sit straighter in the saddle. Just wanted to confirm that the original cables worked, ease of installation and most of all, wondered if anyone has pictures of them installed on their Night Train.
Thanx and please post your pics!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM
OFOH
Intermediate

Yes, I installed the that handle bar kit and it done wonders for me. If you go into my profile and look there are some pictures with the drag bars and some with the pull backs. The original cables work and you won't have to buy new ones or at least I didn't have to. I installed them myself and it wasn't bad, get a manual! nice scoot by the way. messesage me if you want to know more about the change. there are a few tricks

Old 11-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Mark757
Intermediate

Hey thanx so much! Kinda hard to draw a comparison from the pics but good to hear everything works out easily enough. Much appreciated!
Anyone else have pics?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:31 AM
mars636
Advanced

I installed a set of Drag Specialties 8.5" pullback risers with the stock drag bar. Didnt have to change any cables. There is still some slack in the cables but not enough to go any higher. Here is a quick cellphone pic

Old 11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Mark757
Intermediate

cool. anyone else?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

The FXSTB pullback riser and handlebar kit is ugly. Here is a link to a local dealer that has a NT for sale with the kit on it and you can see what I mean: http://harleydavidsonoftampanewportr...-a1176863.html

I had 8" pullback risers put on mine and stayed with the original bar. It made a major difference in comfort, the seating position is absolutely perfect now.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:05 PM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the bend of the bars in that kit. Not my thing. Loads of options for a more upright possision. I've seen 6" rise pull back T-bars without any cable changes. I run the HD street sweepers and I sit pretty straight.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Mark757
Intermediate

OK, I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder but from those pics, they don't seem too bad. If I had my choice, I'd have some buck-horn style like the older cruisers. This would probably mean new cables but here's another thing......my bars are not like the ones you guys have. They are welded so I cannot just add risers. Apparently, I'd have to buy new bars also anyway? Also, some of my cables go inside of the risers as you may be able to see. Would whatever I replace these with have those same holes or would I have to have those cables on the outside when I switch?

Last edited by Mark757; 11-24-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:09 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Generally any bars that are separate from the risers don't have an internal wiring provision that would let you route the wires through the risers as well.
If they do accommodate internal wiring, the wires normally exit the bars in the middle, between the risers letting the wires hang out in space down to the hole in the top tripple tree.

I'm not sure if these would be anything you might be interested in.
But I put what Harley used to call "Bombay" bars on my Custom, a chromed over NT.
They put the grip back and down to where I feel more comfortable than the mini Apes did.
They have the internal wiring provision and as a bonus a tach housing.

At least they would preserve the "look" your bike has.

PS these bars run over $300 from Harley. But if your lucky you can pick up a set off Evil-Bay for under $100 like I did.
But your still going to need to get a tach to fill that housing.

Last edited by In Memoriam Citoriplus; 11-24-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Looks like your bike has a set of street slammers with hidden wires which to my eye is a very nice setup. But you're right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's your bike.
I don't think the bombays are going to make that much of a difference over the street slammers or the 8" pullbacks. You could go for the buckhorns the retired FXST used to have: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...ilStandard.htm but I'm guessing you would need new cables. If you are changing cables then you can start looking through the catalogs, you have a world of choices then. Or go with your original idea and get the FXSTB pullback bar and riser kit if you don't mind the look. Like you said, Harley claims the original cables will work with that setup.

Last edited by Wide_Open; 11-25-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quick Reply: FXSTB Pull Back Riser and Handlebar Kit