Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zanotti Closing

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
When people cant afford MoCo parts they will buy china parts from ebay...wouldnt exactly call that a win for the dealerships.

Anything recreational has a huge mark up, god forbid someone should offer a 20% discount to bring it back to a realistic price point. That 20% comes out of the dealers end anyway.

If the dealerships cost too much to operate maybe they shouldnt be mini Taj Mahals. They are a bit over the top, our BMW dealership here isnt as nice as the local Harley dealer.

Somehow I think Harley is going to make it in the end and I wouldnt call someone offering a small discount a monster.

Just my opinion since we all get one.
I was at a dealer yesterday and know the parts people really well and from what they say is they make on the avg 30-35% on the parts so if they give a 20% discount then the dealer only makes 10-15%. hard to keep the doors open like that. Now if you sell more at the low percentage then you make the same amount as selling less at more markup. But you have to sell more to do it. Harley is cracking down on dealers giving discounts on-line the last couple years. Now if I owned one I would discount everything and try to sell more in this economy that would make sense to me. They were good people sad to see them go

Old 12-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Totally Bored
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow this sucks. Great service and great prices gone

I have 2 dealers in my area. They never have the parts in stock and it takes them forever to get the parts and you have to pay a ton of $.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

I just placed an order on-line with them this evening.

I'll see what happens.

They do take Paypal. Paypal is OK with me. Paypal adds just one more layer of financial protection for me.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 PM
madviking
Stage I

I was also told by Zanotti's online rep they were going to continue thru another dealer, but no names were dropped at the moment. The rep said they're spread very thin, attempting to meet demand, exhausted, but still chuggin'on the best they can.
A word on Surdyke.com: very high shipping costs!!!
Zanotti's prices were always less, and so is the shipping- every time.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Sad to see them go,I bought many parts from them in the past and the internet sales guy,Bill,always very helpful was the one who helped me get my fogging LED lights replaced.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Billing/Invoice comes from "New Castle HD" although it is Zanotti's that answers the phone.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:49 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Billing/Invoice comes from "New Castle HD" although it is Zanotti's that answers the phone.
Hmm. As in New Castle, Delaware? Isn't Mike's HD in New Castle, De? Not a well liked dealer.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by howitzer88
Hmm. As in New Castle, Delaware? Isn't Mike's HD in New Castle, De? Not a well liked dealer.
Most likely New Castle, PA, if I had to guess, it's just north. newcastle HD

Old 12-20-2011, 07:23 PM
millers1
Stage III

Yes.. Newcastle PA. If it's some or all of the same internet parts people moving over to Newcastle.. I'll do business with them. Never, EVER, had any problems with Zanotti over many years. Cool thing was I used to be able to get decent prices on my Harley AND Yamaha parts from them.. and for my Wife's Honda as well.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
I was at a dealer yesterday and know the parts people really well and from what they say is they make on the avg 30-35% on the parts so if they give a 20% discount then the dealer only makes 10-15%. hard to keep the doors open like that. Now if you sell more at the low percentage then you make the same amount as selling less at more markup. But you have to sell more to do it. Harley is cracking down on dealers giving discounts on-line the last couple years. Now if I owned one I would discount everything and try to sell more in this economy that would make sense to me. They were good people sad to see them go
OK, so I figure that "net net" pricing is more like 40%. My dealer's parts counter looks like a ghost town, as they sell at 100% retail and expect you to genuflect before them for bestowing their pillaging upon you.

I spent THOUSANDS on my bike & gear at places that discounted. Long ago I learned that half a loaf is better than none. I also find that when someone is willing to give me a really good percentage off of MSRP, I am inclined to spend even more than I had anticipated. Usually, everybody wins at this game.

Quick Reply: Zanotti Closing