Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zanotti Closing

Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's always a shame to see the smaller "mom and pop"-type HD dealers close. I know the dealer where I bought my Train (Hudson County Harley, Jersey City, NJ) was opened in closed in less than 2 years. It's a Gold's Gym now.
What I liked about it was that I could cruise by, pull into the service area and say, "Hey Mike, could you take a quick look at this?... and he would.
When I go to Bergen Harley, which is a gleaming palace of chrome and over-priced t-shirts, one canNOT "just pull up". Appointments, work orders, etc. are required. All very impersonal.
However, $ is $ and in this economy, company's have to do what's best to keep the brand going.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:13 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus01
I don't think the shipping was out of line or they are making anything on it but it was $41 for what I ordered. That was for the light bar, LED aux lights, trim visor rings, and signal relo kit. I think they charge for each piece instead of the whole order which probably would have saved me a few bucks but who knows.

Maybe I will give them a call tomorrow since I ordered the parts late yesterday afternoon.
You're right, that is high for those parts. I wonder if they're shipping them separate rather than as one package? Just for the hell of it I'd asked how many packages they're shipping to you. If it's more than one you might ask if they can combine them to ship as one.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

What a bummer to find this thread. I was just going to head up there to get a new tire put on.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
lbottini
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
The online group will be moving to another dealership offering the same deals soon. Stay tuned......
OK. We'll stay tuned please let us know the new dealer of choice A.S.A.P. In the interim I'm buying through Dennis Kirk I saved 20% over retail list on a set of Vance and Hines Straight Shots for the Fat Boy. AND NO. I don't work for D.K.