Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

helmets for riding softails

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 PM
TalonIILM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up skid lids

I went with the NOVDOT from Licks... not bad. NO BUBBLEHEAD.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:27 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, I have tried on one of those, my head must be shaped weird, because I got a hotspot right away

Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess helmets are something I never really ever thought of cause where I have always lived there was a no helmet law in place. I do however plan on getting one as I am going to stat traveling with this bike. I am getting closer and closer to retirment and I want to be able to go and not look back until I am ready too! I also see you guys metioning DOT, I have never seen a cop stop and check anyone for that when I have seen riders with helmets pulled over, do cops actually check that, look for a sticker saying DOT or DOT approved or rated? I guess I need to start thinking of all of that!!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

They check where I live and its a fine and points here. They look to see how thick it is and if you have a fake dot sticker they get pissed

Old 01-21-2012, 08:38 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

in states where DOT is required, the sticker has to be inside the clear coat, if it is stuck on after the helmet was manufactured, the cops can tell. I have never been stopped on my bike, but thats what Ive heard from others.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I also prefer 3/4 helmets. Mine are from Bell and called the Custom 500. Fits very well and they have some really cool styles. Check them out:

http://www.bellsports.com/powersport...eet/custom-500

Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinking about a 3/4 for the summer. Right now I'm running with a HJC modular and I'm concerned it may be way too hot for the summer months. How does a 3/4 usually do with hot weather?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ruby's are tha **** but they are not cheap:

Mimo.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:12 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Mimo, those do look sweet. Just so everyone knows, my original intent was to see if anyone had experience with the Outlaw 3/4. I wasn't trying to start another helmet thread like the DOT one. I am saying this not to be ungrateful for all the great info everyone has posted, because as always, everyone has jumped in to try to offer advice which is one of the things I love about this forum. I only make this statement so no one thinks "not this **** again!!!" Thanks again, I may bite the bullet and order up an Outlaw if they will ship to APO. If it fits, I will stripe it up and post some pics....Only downfall is they don't have it in flat black.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:14 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I've been thinking about a 3/4 for the summer. Right now I'm running with a HJC modular and I'm concerned it may be way too hot for the summer months. How does a 3/4 usually do with hot weather?
If I remember correctly, the Rockhards lining is a mouisture wicking material. I can tell you that I wore it all summer in South Georgia and I wore it coming through Texas and Oklahoma on the way back from Colorado last June. I did sweat a bit, but never felt like I was uncomfortably hot because of it.

Quick Reply: helmets for riding softails