Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C- what a mistake :-(

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM
bygcland
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure most will say to each their own when it comes to comfortability.I for one love my Rocker-C. If you are not happy with the seat then do what you must to make it right.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Twaffle
Advanced

I can't speak to your specific issue, but I can say that I'm 5'8" and doing the Heartland kit + lowering 2" made a HUGE difference. Not only now can I sit flat-footed at every light, but the Heartland seat is way more comfortable than the stock seat. I put 1000 miles in the first week I had it...stopped about every 140 miles for gas/drink/bum-rest. Don't sell the rocker, its a great bike! (as long as you're willing to cough up the dough...but that's gonna happen with every Harley you own )

Old 07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never seen a rocker with floor boards but I'm sure it can be done (google and the search option on the forum will be helpful).
Trying floor boards first is a good idea (since its probably the cheapest alternative).

We help each other out here, no better feeling in the world than that!! Welcome to the brotherhood.

Keep us posted.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,976 Likes on 2,316 Posts

To be comfortable the seat, handlebar and foot positions have to be in the sweet spot.

Take a look at these alternatives to traditional foot pegs, they have made a big difference for a lot of riders.

DK Custom Foot Pegs

Handlebar position can have a lot to do with how the *** feels in the seat-

This is the way that has always worked for me to get the most comfortable handlebar position-

Sit on your bike
Have someone hold it up straight for you
Put your feet on the pegs
Close your eyes
Put your hands out to where it is most comfortable to hold them
Open your eyes...where ever your hands are, that is where you want the handlebar grips to be.

Get YOUR Fathers Day Gift HERE

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JaBlue
Wow, I'm thrilled with all the great advice in under an hour!!

Thanks again, all- I'm humbled by the response.
Jared
Just be happy you didn't post in the main forum lol - most likely would have had 1/2 the replies as smart *** comments.

Here check this out - I copied and pasted it from this forum - I would hit him up and see how he can help.

I've been upolstering for 20 years now and over the past two years have been modding stock seats to ride as good if not better than most after market seats out there. The big misconception is more foam is better or gel pads are better...That is BS. It's not how much foam or if you have a gel pad but its the shape of the seat itself. I've done Street Glides, Road Kings, Sportsters, Dyna's and countless metrics. By far the HD seats are the best seats stock and better made than the others. The only thing is they take a little more time to mod so the mod cost is a little more but still well below buying a after market seat. I can lower you, move you back or a combination of both. Here is a picture of my modded stock SG seat that I lowered my riding height 3 1/2"s and moved me back 1". You can PM me for more details and specific seat mod your interested in. Please visit my website http://www.meancitycycles.comand you can always email me at allen@meancitycycles.com

Last edited by Midgard; 07-24-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The floor boards might be your best bet on eliminating the pain.
They would allow being able to bring your feet back closer to a standard position.
I have a 32" inseam and wouldn't even consider extended controls. I like a little bend in the legs to relieve the nerve that runs from your lower back down to your groin.

The firm Danny Gray seat is deceiving. The soft cushy seats feel great while sitting on different models in the showroom. Once out on the road, that cushy seat compresses and can cause pain by not supporting the weight evenly.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mentioned above handlebar position and foot controls play a factor in seating position.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:05 AM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a Danny gray seat & was good to me, I went with a Bitchin Seat which is a big step up from Danny Gray.

I would recommend looking at the peg/ floorboard option & the bar position before dropping more $ on a seat as the DG seat has been proven with many happy Rocker owners.

I would suggest PMing TX_Outlaw about the boards he used on his Train, they should work on the Rocker.

Last edited by rockerz; 07-25-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:56 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Man sorry your in this sitchuation don't sell the bike yet just make it yours! It can take but to get it dialed in for you. Small changes can feel huge when your on the bike. I'm tall so on my train I needed the ness forward control 3" ext kit worth every penny then a LE pera bare bone solo seat moved me back and Lower even more and looks sweet and just today finished my ape install and now it's like a new bike built around my needs and feels amazing! Ok so your thinking of foot boards no prob if I was you look on eBay for "mini" ones they are about 8"x4" and are adjustable and should replace your pegs you can find a set under $50 easy on there. You might want to think about a mini ape style bar too so you sit up right and not bent over. And yes do not have your wallet in your back pocket cause that can make your butt hurt no lie I pull mine out and put it in my tool bag. Good luck!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 AM
crawford769
Cruiser

Take a look at the drag specialties adjustable floor boards that bolt on to the peg mounts. Theres a lot of adjustment to them. I went from pegs to them and love them.

Quick Reply: Rocker C- what a mistake :-(