Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Tys1on
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuelpak

I've got a 2009 crossbones, over a winter I installed some BUB sidecutters pipes and the Vance Hines fuelpak. Bike ran great for the first 1000 +/- miles then I started to notice it not running that great. I've heard a lot of good and bad about the fuelpak. I don't know if I should recalibrate it again or have it put on a dyno.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Bro, it is true about the Fuel Pak. Good and Bad. On this forum you are most likely going to read more bad than good. Fuel Pak is a Vance and Hines product. When most riders buy V & H, there going to tell you that you need the F.P. Don't get me wrong, to some it is flawless but to most you cannot do much for adjustments. There are many fuel management systems out there. I am running the P.C.III.and its been great going on 5 years now but I also started on the F.P. until it **** the bed after 1 riding season... Good luck man. Ride safe...

Old 08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
challutz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a bit of advice here , When I did the exhaust and intake mod on my heritage I went with the fuelpak as a tuner . At my place sea level it ran ok , just ok, a miss here and there , at my other house in Colorado (10,000 feet) honestly it ran pretty much ok. However when i upgraded my cams to the andrews 26 line I could not get the bike to run worth a **** with that fuelpak. It left me thinking that I should have left well enough alone. And not touched the cams!!! I went back and forth with the techs at Vand H to try to tune it. They were more than willing to help and ive got no complaints about the customer service from V&H but it just wouldnt tune. I ended up trying the efi tuner from fuel moto , told them what i did to my bike and they preloaded a map for me. My heritage ran better than when i first got it. I couldnt believe it. When I got back out to high altitude Jamie at fuel moto gave me a map for that too to start with Which i ended up tweeking with great results and now i have 2 maps for myself one for sealevel and one for 10,000 feet I know my situation is different than most but having a tuner thats flexible is very important . Now having said that both units cost about the same so why wouldnt you want more options if say down the line you may want to do a cam job or any other motor upgrade other than exhaust or intake.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:07 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If all you want to do is increase the air intake and ease the flow of exhaust with after-market pipes, the Fuel Pak works great. All that is required is to richen up the air/fuel mixture, just like re-jetting a carb. If you plan to go all out and install performance cams, increase bore stroke, headers, etc...get something that lets you fine tune your adjustments better. Once you start in on that long road, your tuning gets finicky and you need the flexbility to play with it. I have the FP and the XiED on mine and it runs perfectly, but all I did was intake and pipes, and that's all I'm doing.