Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:22 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Live2Ride

I like the white, but why not pearl instead of denim. I have a black denim and in white it might look like a spray can job.

Pearl white would look classic, matches with the chrome (except the twisted sissy bar and luggage rack, that would have to go (lol)).

Then the tank badge would look cool. Add that springer front end you were talking about and your black problem with the front end is gone.

JMHO

Mike

Old 02-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Leonc69

Hey everybody,
Glad to be back posting. Well the new winter mods are almost done but I don't have any pics yet. As a matter of fact my bike is currently in the shop having the dyno tune after I had the new cam installed. If you go to my photo gallery you will see the start of the mods. Some posts I have read have been about the AME kit and new wheels etc.. so I decided to let the cat out of the bag a little early. There are so many great looking bikes here that I was starting to feel left out.
I hope to have the completed pics up by the end of the month. There are a lot more changes than what I have in the gallery currently but these were the only pics I had to use.
All the best wishes to everyone! Spring is almost here!
Leon.
That front end looks awesome! You're bike is really comin' together well. Can't wait to see how it looks after you finish the rest of the mods. Which kit chopper kit is that, and how does it ride compared to stock?

Old 02-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: mike@nhca.us

Live2Ride

I like the white, but why not pearl instead of denim. I have a black denim and in white it might look like a spray can job.

Pearl white would look classic, matches with the chrome (except the twisted sissy bar and luggage rack, that would have to go (lol)).

Then the tank badge would look cool. Add that springer front end you were talking about and your black problem with the front end is gone.

JMHO

Mike
I thought about a metallic white, but my reasoning for the denim was the ease of maintainance. I didn't want to have to worry about swirls and stuff. Although, the Sportster I bought for my wife was White Gold Pearl and it didn't really show anything. I guess I'll have to talk to the painter and see what he thinks, and see if he has any other ideas. I got the "ok" from the Mrs to get the flat white because the cost was pretty cheap. However, now the more I think about it, I'm kinda wantin' somethin' more. If I'm gonna paint it, I want it to look like a custom job. Of course that's gonna cost more, so chances are I'm just gonna ride it like it is for a while. Oh and if the twisted stuff comes off, you'll be the first to know.

BTW... Did you get my message?

Old 02-16-2008, 12:26 PM
mgmajor
Cruiser

Live2Ride..I have been out for a while, but have been trying to catch up on the posts. You are definitely faced with a tough decision. My opinion? I like where you are going with your bike black. That pic of your bike white is nice and the flames are a very nice idea, but I sure like the black. Of course, I'm afraid that I don't have a good vision on customizing like you do. My vote though is to keep er black. Your bike looks beautiful.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: mgmajor

Live2Ride..I have been out for a while, but have been trying to catch up on the posts. You are definitely faced with a tough decision. My opinion? I like where you are going with your bike black. That pic of your bike white is nice and the flames are a very nice idea, but I sure like the black. Of course, I'm afraid that I don't have a good vision on customizing like you do. My vote though is to keep er black. Your bike looks beautiful.
Thanks for the compliment! I went out and washed and detailed my bike earlier today after ridin' it around since the weather was so nice, and I think that I'll probably wind up keepin' it black. If I do get a custom paint job, it'll probably wind up having a lot of black in it. I love a clean black Harley. I'm just gonna have to talk to the painter and see if he has any other good ideas for a decent price. If not, I'll just keep it the way it is. At least for a few more years until I can afford something like what I had on my Deuce.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:50 PM
snowmass
Tourer

A few weeks ago a couple of us were talking about the new Corbin seat for the FXSTC. Mine finally arrived after 5 weeks. Itis thinner and sleeker looking than stock, and sits an inch or so lower and just a bit farther back. This one has braided piping andblue stitching. Both very subtle, you have to be pretty close to notice them. The passenger backrest is a couple of inches higher and farther forward than the stock seat - great news for the wife who was really unhappy with the lack of back support.

[IMG]local://upfiles/35939/EE98D01BC4374AE3821712E7937A947A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35939/AA8D6576BDFC4E8FA8A01241158A07FD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35939/65FEA7F83BD64B6C94DEFEB99D892C17.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35939/199610A58B7948B190A0A54B35213EDA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Snowmass,that seat looks great! Have you put any miles on it yet? How does it feel? You're the first person I've seen with that seat.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Leonc69
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

ORIGINAL: Leonc69

That front end looks awesome! You're bike is really comin' together well. Can't wait to see how it looks after you finish the rest of the mods. Which kit chopper kit is that, and how does it ride compared to stock?

The front end is the AME 9 degree kit. I decided to go 9 instead of 14. I have seen both in person and I liked the look and feel of the 9 better. The Ame kit really does deliver. The ride is very comfortable and the bike takes highway speeds better than stock. The legs are 4' over stock because the bike has been lowered. If you are at stock height then you will want 6' over legs. I checked with my dealer yesterday and they will be done this Tuesday. I will try to get the final pics and dyno tune results posted ASAP. So far I am around 110hp but they aren't done yet.

Leon.

P.S. Snowmass the seat looks great!

Old 02-17-2008, 02:40 PM
snowmass
Tourer

Snowmass,that seat looks great! Have you put any miles on it yet? How does it feel? You're the first person I've seen with that seat.
Thanks L2R. I like the way it looks. I've only put a few miles on it around town to try it out - still pretty cold here in Virginia. Everybody was right, it is very firm. And maybe a little narrower than stock. So I'm counting onCorbin's'high-tech foam' to make this thing comfortable.
Workmanship is about an A-.A couple of details on it aren't perfectly straight,so you can tellthat these are individually hand-made. The driver backrest is outstanding. It folds forward for getting on, springs back up, and is adjustable both fore/aft and tilt. You can mess with it and get it perfect.

Are you still thinking about getting a springer front end? And yeah, after seeing yours in white, I'd say I like the black better.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM
mgmajor
Cruiser

I'm really liking that seat too. The backrest for passenger looks better too. Hmm, I may have to look at this one. Nice pick snowmass.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures