Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Montgomery area

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 12:23 PM
soulpatch
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Freedom Cruisers, I was out of Dundee michigan, chapter 21. If you google them a whole website comes up and you can look through the locations. We're national, have chapters in virtually every state and it's usually multiple locations per state. Birmingham and Dothan are where the two chapters are located in alabama. I was asked by my old state president to start one here, but since I can't find anybody to ride with anyway, what would be the point? So ya, look them up, may be close enough for you to check them out and see what the people are like in that chapter. 3 chapter rides and you can buy your patch, but I had a great group to ride with so the patch wasn't as important.
Well, almost all my medical care is through civilian, but since this was already handled through the VA up north and I didn't want to go through all of the testing again, figured it would be easier to get it done there. Since it was easy enough to transfer all of my records down. Just didnt know it was that bad down here. My wife is a federal employee and we get fantastic insurance through her and before we moved here I was a prototype engineer/fabricator and had great insurance as well. So the VA was there to treat the conditions from my TBI and it saves me a ton of money on the maintenance drugs I need to take. Thanks to obastard and his little medical snafu it would cost me a fortune in drugs each year. VA costs me virtually nothing since I'm a disabled vet. But ya, live and learn.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:30 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Montgomery Area

Originally Posted by soulpatch
Freedom Cruisers, I was out of Dundee michigan, chapter 21. If you google them a whole website comes up and you can look through the locations. We're national, have chapters in virtually every state and it's usually multiple locations per state. Birmingham and Dothan are where the two chapters are located in alabama. I was asked by my old state president to start one here, but since I can't find anybody to ride with anyway, what would be the point? So ya, look them up, may be close enough for you to check them out and see what the people are like in that chapter. 3 chapter rides and you can buy your patch, but I had a great group to ride with so the patch wasn't as important.
Well, almost all my medical care is through civilian, but since this was already handled through the VA up north and I didn't want to go through all of the testing again, figured it would be easier to get it done there. Since it was easy enough to transfer all of my records down. Just didnt know it was that bad down here. My wife is a federal employee and we get fantastic insurance through her and before we moved here I was a prototype engineer/fabricator and had great insurance as well. So the VA was there to treat the conditions from my TBI and it saves me a ton of money on the maintenance drugs I need to take. Thanks to obastard and his little medical snafu it would cost me a fortune in drugs each year. VA costs me virtually nothing since I'm a disabled vet. But ya, live and learn.
Sorry about being so long, I'm at work. Yeah the Freedom Cruisers, seems like I've seen them at the Harley shop in Dothan which is about 20 min from my house, I should've bought a house there seeing I'm in Dothan 95% of the time. I'll look into them! I contacted the Combat Veterans Motorcycle club and I was invited to one of their meeting but it was on a Weds at 6pm, I couldn't go because I don't get off work till 7pm, the Enterprise Chapter President said they normally meet on Sat but they were heading up the Birmingham to do a fund raiser. I would like to find some people to ride with on weekends but I can't ride every weekend. My wife's a middle school teacher so only time we see each other is about 2 hrs in morning and about 2 hrs before bed, so pretty much the weekends we spend it with whatever we want to do, mostly pool time. But now it's College football season, It's pool then the games in afternoon. But I'll look the Freedom Cruisers up and make contact with the. Well I have to go back and check on students, you have a good weekend and take care!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:36 PM
soulpatch
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

You'll like the freedom cruisers then. Rides aren't mandatory, even though they'll usually have something setup every weekend as well as events. So i'm pretty sure that'd be the best way to go.