Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yer gremlin bell

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:06 PM
A727Guy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yer gremlin bell

ORIGINAL: schumacher

Most of us prob think it's hokey nonsense, A727. But that's not the point
Guess I kinda figured that.

Tho I think they are nonsense and wouldn't put one on my bike, Iwasn't really making a big protest or production when I trashedthe one that existed- it was just on the crash bars that I removed and I just snipped it off and chunked it without giving it any thought.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Hawkmoon
Advanced

ok i am convinced I shall get one asap

Old 12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: VBCH Nightster

The dealer's F&I guy "gave" me mine when I signed the papers on my bike, andright before I walked out of his office and rang the big bell. Seems to be a tradition around here. Saw the same big bell thing happen at another local competing dealer.
Yep I had to ring the bell then all the employees ran over and gave me things after I bought my bike at Bayside over in Portsmouth. One guy was just getting off work I think but he came over and gave methe gremlin bell.
Did you get your bike there too or over at Southside?

Old 12-19-2007, 12:37 AM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

It's a terrible pic, but it's the only one where you can see the bell hangin' at the bottom. I helped an ex move to Oakland. I made her stop at the dealership there, told her about the bell and she bought me one.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49285/C44E5AF5CF0447E283E55107BD651C7F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-19-2007, 09:11 AM
CMC
Road Captain

Guy I bought my bike from left his on it, but I took it off and suggested to my mother in law that she might send me one for Christmas. I still have the pen she gave me for graduation 8 years ago (use it every day) and I thought it would be good to have a bell from her.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
VBCH Nightster
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

ORIGINAL: VBCH Nightster

The dealer's F&I guy "gave" me mine when I signed the papers on my bike, andright before I walked out of his office and rang the big bell. Seems to be a tradition around here. Saw the same big bell thing happen at another local competing dealer.
Yep I had to ring the bell then all the employees ran over and gave me things after I bought my bike at Bayside over in Portsmouth. One guy was just getting off work I think but he came over and gave methe gremlin bell.
Did you get your bike there too or over at Southside?
Yep, got my bike at Bayside and saw acustomer ring the bell at Southside. I rang my bell a little louder.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:00 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I was riding my07RKC in Ocala, Fl.a couple of weeks ago. My battery went dead while we were eating lunch. Wouldn't start, so we had push start. Went to the HD place down the road. They tested everything. Battery was at 10 volts, stator was only putting out 12.5 volts. Next day, everything was okay. They charged the battery up, and everything seemed to work just fine. Shortly before I left, I was asked by an employee if I had a bell on my bike. I replied, "no". Another employee had one in his saddlebag, so he gave it to me. Afterwards, no more electrical problems. Shortly after leaving, I noticed the horn didn't work. Went to my local HD, and they found the wire was ripped from the connector.

I can't say it was all the gremlins, but I haven't had a problem since my bell. Bike sat for over a week, and started right off. Something that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm. Just my story.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 PM
gambler109
Cruiser

Read this post...then was given one yesterday for Christmas by a friend. Now I just need to mount it on the bike somewhere.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:54 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yer sposed to put it as close to the ground as you can.