Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Sporsters considered real Harleys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Seadog57
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Are Sporsters considered real Harleys?

Bought an 08,883Xl last may and joined the local Hog chapter nice folks but seem like a few with the big twins turn their nose up at the folks riding the Sportsters! Dont get me wrong I love my bike was all I could afford at the time and have put quite a bit into it,SE II slip-ons,Mustang solo seat,HD detach windshield,ghost brackets, and studded bags,relocated blinker,custom chrome liscense plate. Thinking bout trading up to a Dyna Street Bob but the wife might have a cow,anyhow when they introduced new members they asked each person what they ride some of other folks said Dynas,RK's,and utras and people cheered them when I said 883 Sportster things were quiet and one dude in the back said get a real bike! Harleys are expensive and not all of have a lot of bread to laydown on a new skoot.I ride every chance I can have logged almost 4300 miles since last May and have loved it all!Have you other folks run into this Im the type who dont care what ya ride as long as you ride.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You probably put on more miles than the rest of the weekend riders. Sounds like you need to find some new people to ride with rather than upgrading. They sound like a bunch of garage queen posers.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadog57
Bought an 08,883Xl last may and joined the local Hog chapter nice folks but seem like a few with the big twins turn their nose up at the folks riding the Sportsters! Dont get me wrong I love my bike was all I could afford at the time and have put quite a bit into it,SE II slip-ons,Mustang solo seat,HD detach windshield,ghost brackets, and studded bags,relocated blinker,custom chrome liscense plate. Thinking bout trading up to a Dyna Street Bob but the wife might have a cow,anyhow when they introduced new members they asked each person what they ride some of other folks said Dynas,RK's,and utras and people cheered them when I said 883 Sportster things were quiet and one dude in the back said get a real bike! Harleys are expensive and not all of have a lot of bread to laydown on a new skoot.I ride every chance I can have logged almost 4300 miles since last May and have loved it all!Have you other folks run into this Im the type who dont care what ya ride as long as you ride.
Outrageous. Doubt I would go to another one of those! I havn't been to our chapters meetings, but plan to go for the first ride this spring. Hopefully it isn't full of a bunch of douche bags.

The following users liked this post:
Hotrock51 (04-02-2016)
Old 01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Sportsters are great bikes and if you like it thats all that matters. I would probably own one if I wasn't 6'2 and 260 pounds. I had a 1986 XLCH, great bike and it never let me down. Guys that give you crap for what you ride aren't worth talking to or getting to know anyway.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
eazyrider
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

HaHA dude ditch the local R.U.B. chapter and go find some real bikers to ride with. Most of your Indy shop will have rides or once a month dinners go with them. God I wish I would have been there.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailbreaker
Sportsters are great bikes and if you like it thats all that matters. I would probably own one if I wasn't 6'2 and 260 pounds. I had a 1986 XLCH, great bike and it never let me down. Guys that give you crap for what you ride aren't worth talking to or getting to know anyway.
haha you can do it! 6'3 270 here!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 PM
eazyrider
Road Master

I bet those are the same guys who then have no sympathy toward those in foreclosure. They say buy a real bike, a much more expensive one. Then laugh when you can't afford it. The first motorcycles looked more like sporty's than those couches they ride.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Rynb15
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People who say that about sportsters are just a bunch of posers who bought bikes to make all their other douchbag friends think they are badass.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 PM
eazyrider
Road Master

They actually cheer when people say what their bike is. Oh god that's gayer than Richard Simmons **** collection.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by killer scott
haha you can do it! 6'3 270 here!
Didn't say I couldn't.......I just prefer not to!!

Quick Reply: Are Sporsters considered real Harleys?