Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jammer frame?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 02:03 AM
eliminator
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jammer frame?????

hello everyone. new here and appreciate any info you all might have on one 1965 frame that i came across 4 or 5 years ago. i thought it was a 65 sportster frame, basic, soft tail. no numbers anywhere on the thing. i just talked to a guy recently about the frame and he said it could be a JAMMER frame. anyone have any info on this or how i could identify it as such and what its worth is? sorry i do not have a picture of it. i will have one in 24 hours. thanks all.

pete

Old 07-13-2005, 11:44 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts
Default RE: jammer frame?????

ORIGINAL: eliminator

hello everyone. new here and appreciate any info you all might have on one 1965 frame that i came across 4 or 5 years ago. i thought it was a 65 sportster frame, basic, soft tail. no numbers anywhere on the thing. i just talked to a guy recently about the frame and he said it could be a JAMMER frame. anyone have any info on this or how i could identify it as such and what its worth is? sorry i do not have a picture of it. i will have one in 24 hours. thanks all.

pete
I'm a bit corn-fused here. How or why do you think it's a '65 Sporty frame? Factory frames back then had no serial numbers on 'em, though there were probably casting numbers somewhere. And softail frames didn't come about until the early '80s when a couple guys from Missouri made 'em, and then HD bought 'em out. Jammer was a primo parts joint, tied in with the dudes who started the Easy Riders magazine, back in the '70s. I see the name has been resurrected in the past couple years, but know little about this incarnation.

If it is an old aftermarket frame there might be numbers stamped somewhere. But too often the frame manufacturers supplied a stick-on or rivet-on serial number plate. Be interesting to see the pic. And value is somewhat subjective, especially on a frame with no numbers, and no papers. Makes it difficult to title a bike without the Manufacturer's Certificate or Statement of Origin.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:33 PM
mikeb72
Stage I

Hey Pete, about the 'Jammers frame'. The 'Jammers velvet ride' was the original that led to the savior frame but the quality is much higher than the 'Honda' equivalent, and it was built for Harley motors. It has a frame that fits inside of itself at the joints like a sleeve, and does not have a large open section at the neck. it rides low and is very rare. I saw one at 14 and bought one at 30. Mine had a 1957 sporty in it that currently needs building, it is stripped right now but I wouldn't give it up for a fully built 'anything' It has no numbers but there is one Harley chopper book I have found with a picture. If you still have it, and it if it is a Jammers, keep it, build it and cherish it it is the original! (yes, Harley built them for war but it is the original street frame) you can easily register it as a homemade, I did.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Chukks
Stage II

Hi guys, Chukks here from Sunny ol' Brisbane Aus,Lookin forward to meeting some good blokes an new mates on here.I'm readin this post with much interest,I just bought a Brand new S&S 96" with a 6 spd box nestled very nicely in a JAMMER frame, lotsa nice goodies on it but not very well put together so I'm stripping a lot off her to tidy it up, funny thing is whilst I also can't find any numbers on this frame it is absolutely identical to a Custom Chrome supplied Santee Low Glide frame and swing arm kit Part no:95039.This frame came with its specs in German and we had to pay to have it translated and certified. my new problem is I have to provide to the Engineering section of our transport dept a form or document called a "Manufacturers Statement of Origin to a motorcycle frame",can any one help me with how I'd find a form such as this as I cant get any further docs or info from the Aussie who supplied the bike. Regards to all

Old 11-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Shawn Jackson
Stage I

Here is my Jammer velvet ride with a 78 Shovelhead 74ci motor. Should be ready to ride this weekend. I traded a 88 Sportster 883 for it back in September