Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XIED review for 2012 883 Iron A++

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrunner1414
As it's adding more fuel, the fuel economy will be worse even at normal speeds compared to stock....is this right?
If you ride exactly the same, your MPG may go UP a bit, this is because you are not having to give it as much throttle to accelerate or maintain the same speed.

Reality is that you will probably play with the little extra performance and your MPG will go down a bit, but this will happen because of a change in your riding, not the ied's.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 AM
pointdogg48
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i installed my XI14EID last night, and I notice right off the bat it idles a lot smoother.
Everything is a lot smother with a lot less engine raspiness.

I only have slip ons and A/C done.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM
PanterA101
Tourer

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
Different AFR between the two:

http://www.nightrider.com/parts/
What exactly does this mean to me though? lol Different performance? Is one better for stock and one better for AC/pipes? Better gas mileage with one? It seems most with sportsters do the 14s...

Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 AM
roadrunner1414
Road Master
Received 706 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
If you ride exactly the same, your MPG may go UP a bit, this is because you are not having to give it as much throttle to accelerate or maintain the same speed.

Reality is that you will probably play with the little extra performance and your MPG will go down a bit, but this will happen because of a change in your riding, not the ied's.
Thanks for the reply, makes sense. Cheers

Old 08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Riptide
Stage III

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that arose during the attempted installation of my VIED? I just received my VIED's today and ran into a wall while trying to install them on my bike. I read the instructions and watched the video on youtube. But for some reason the two wires that are attached to the 02 sensors on my bike ( 2011 Sportster iron) don't have the connectors shown in the video. In fact both wires run directly to two big connectors underneath the bike then continue there way back up to the black electrical box mounted behind the rear cylinder. One connector is labeled front the other is labeled back. I do have both female connectors on the front and back of the bike, but both were unplugged, capped and zip tied to the frame. I took the caps off and the male end of the VIED's do fit perfectly, but there's nowhere to attached the female end of the Vied's. Perhaps the previous owner had a tuner attached somewhere inline and eliminated the inline connector on the O2 sensor wire... ????...I've attached a couple photos showing the female end of the connector on the back of the bike. The first one showing it capped, the second one showing it after I removed the cap. I'm really confused and would appreciate any insight concerning my dilemma.

Attached Thumbnails XIED review for 2012 883 Iron A++-2013-08-12-18.36.15.jpg   XIED review for 2012 883 Iron A++-2013-08-12-18.33.33.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that arose during the attempted installation of my VIED? I just received my VIED's today and ran into a wall while trying to install them on my bike. I read the instructions and watched the video on youtube. But for some reason the two wires that are attached to the 02 sensors on my bike ( 2011 Sportster iron) don't have the connectors shown in the video. In fact both wires run directly to two big connectors underneath the bike then continue there way back up to the black electrical box mounted behind the rear cylinder. One connector is labeled front the other is labeled back. I do have both female connectors on the front and back of the bike, but both were unplugged, capped and zip tied to the frame. I took the caps off and the male end of the VIED's do fit perfectly, but there's nowhere to attached the female end of the Vied's. Perhaps the previous owner had a tuner attached somewhere inline and eliminated the inline connector on the O2 sensor wire... ????...I've attached a couple photos showing the female end of the connector on the back of the bike. The first one showing it capped, the second one showing it after I removed the cap. I'm really confused and would appreciate any insight concerning my dilemma.
That red uncapped connection is where one end of the IED connects, then the other end of it should plug into the other side of the 02 sensor. Your just breaking the connection from the 02 sensor in, and installing the IED in between them. The easiest way is to follow the 02 sensor wire back from the bung in the pipes, and disconnect at the first and should be the only connection. But that red and yellow connection looks right.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Riptide
Stage III

Originally Posted by Mac10
That red uncapped connection is where one end of the IED connects, then the other end of it should plug into the other side of the 02 sensor. Your just breaking the connection from the 02 sensor in, and installing the IED in between them. The easiest way is to follow the 02 sensor wire back from the bung in the pipes, and disconnect at the first and should be the only connection. But that red and yellow connection looks right.
Hey Mac10... Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. I really appreciate it. But if I follow the wire from the bung in the pipes the first connector is underneath the bike zip tied to the frame. It's a totally different connector than the ones I saw in the installation video on youtube. The front one is labeled front and the back one is labeled rear. The red and yellow connectors in my pictures were both zip tied to the frame with plastic caps on them. Here is a photo of the first and only connector on the back 02sensor wire. After this connector the wire continues up into the plastic electrical box behind the rear cylinder. In the picture you'll also see the wire leading from the bung in the pipe and to the connector.

Attached Thumbnails XIED review for 2012 883 Iron A++-2013-08-12-18.34.45.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide
Hey Mac10... Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. I really appreciate it. But if I follow the wire from the bung in the pipes the first connector is underneath the bike zip tied to the frame. It's a totally different connector than the ones I saw in the installation video on youtube. The front one is labeled front and the back one is labeled rear. The red and yellow connectors in my pictures were both zip tied to the frame with plastic caps on them. Here is a photo of the first and only connector on the back 02sensor wire. After this connector the wire continues up into the plastic electrical box behind the rear cylinder. In the picture you'll also see the wire leading from the bung in the pipe and to the connector.

I get what your saying with the video being different. I'm assuming you mean that the video showed the wiring being in a different location, maybe in the batter box area. That's fine, as long as you follow the wire from the 02 sensor in the pipe to the first connection and insert the IED in between it your fine. Then the same on the front one. My sensor wires are tied on the frame but oils be moved. The wire after that is leading into the ECU wiring as its reporting AFR to it.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:47 PM
c.d.lawns@hotmail.com
Advanced

Originally Posted by PanterA101
What exactly does this mean to me though? lol Different performance? Is one better for stock and one better for AC/pipes? Better gas mileage with one? It seems most with sportsters do the 14s...
Can someone answer his question bc i have the same one