Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some help! R6C 8" Holey Rollers

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:41 PM
DrJones15
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some help! R6C 8" Holey Rollers

Hey guys, I have a 2013 Iron 883 with some mods done to it. Slowly getting it where I want it to be.

Anyways I just got my R6C 8" Holey rollers and I am a little stumped. I have read multiple times and places that people fit these one with stock cables and wiring. I have even read people fitting 10" bars with the stock cables so why does mine not seem to work?

Heres how she was. Everything so far I have done myself.

Heres my issue now. Seems like the brake line is nowhere near long enough as well as the wiring for the throttle side. Any ideas? I wanted to internally wire them but I dont think I have enough wires to do it as well as I am not sure how comfortable I am doing it myself.

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!

DrJones15

Old 08-14-2014, 09:49 PM
883rTorres
Intermediate

I just installed same exact bars. I had to add about 10" of wiring to wire internally. My clutch, throttle, idle cables fit, but I order some magnum +2 anyway. I'm currently waiting on a brake line to complete my mod. Biggest advice I have is have patience. Good luck.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just installed some Friscos on my bike. They are 8 inch rise. I had to bend the **** out of the metal part of my brake line to straighten it out so it would fit......and it is still very tight. I will most likely be replacing it soon.

As far as the wiring goes.....the left side wiring was fine, but the right side was VERY tight. I ended up unplugging the right side wiring from under the tank and rerouting it down the right side of the tank instead of the left. This gained me the needed length.

Also, when rerouting your wires, unbolt the front of your tank and run the wiring above the tank bolt instead of below to gain a few inches.....hope this helps.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Greatscott
Road Master

Oh yeah I forgot to mention....when reinstalling your front brake lever BE VERY CAREFUL. There is a little tiny rubber brake switch on the inside of that switch assembly that is fragile as hell. I almost destroyed mine, but I was able to salvage it. You will know you F'ed it up if your brake lights are stuck on after everything is put back together.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:55 PM
DrJones15
Novice

Good call on moving it to the right side, sometimes this forum makes me feel so stupid haha. Do you have a picture of what your brake line looks like now? I dont mind making it work however I can for now and then when I store the bike over winter I can internally wire it and get a new brake line. where did you get extensions for the wiring? Is it a plug and play kit or did you just cut a solder everything?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Greatscott
Road Master

Here is a picture of the brake line. Not really sure about wire extension kits as I didn't extend mine.

You can see the brake line is pretty tight. I highly doubt you will be able to stretch a stock line to fit 10 inch bars.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Ployd4
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took my brake line down to my local hose shop. They cut off the rubber section and crimped on a longer piece, pressure tested and I was on my way 15 minutes later and for $30. I also picked up a few more crush washer for the banjo bolt. I didn't internally wire mine. Mine are 10" bars and everything else was fine. They aren't the exact same bars as yours.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:33 PM
DrJones15
Novice

So after rerouting some stuff and undoing the clips and bending the brake line it seems like things are going to work out for now. Definitely going to get a new brake line sooner rather then later though. Ran out of light to finish tonight but will finish it up tomorrow.

One thing that struck me was that cut out on the bottom of the bars for you to internally wire dont seem long enough. I am not internally wiring them and i had to move the right grip and switch housing to the right a little bit as well as on the left side so I could get the levers attached without pinching the wires between the clamps.

Seems weird to me and hopefully that isnt an issue. I don't forsee it causing any problems as the switch housing will keep the grips where they are but still doesnt make sense to me as why I cant but the grips all the way in.