The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Why add fuel at 0% throttle position under 1k rpms?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 12:15 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 716 Likes on 566 Posts

to your original question,,,with a pc and the other flash tuners for that matter,,,,in the VE tables
PC3or 5 if you add value in the 0% throttle collum, at 1krpm or lower you are making the idle fuel mixture richer, if you take away value, you make it leaner. some bikes need this done to maintain a good idle quality and sometimes it helps with engine cooling. the richer mixture tend to run cooler than lean. it is not usually large adjustment, but i find it helps alot when the bike wants it.
m

Old 09-16-2017, 06:09 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by marcodarq
to your original question,,,with a pc and the other flash tuners for that matter,,,,in the VE tables
PC3or 5 if you add value in the 0% throttle collum, at 1krpm or lower you are making the idle fuel mixture richer, if you take away value, you make it leaner. some bikes need this done to maintain a good idle quality and sometimes it helps with engine cooling. the richer mixture tend to run cooler than lean. it is not usually large adjustment, but i find it helps alot when the bike wants it.
m
Thanks for that info. Changing those to 0 helped my street glide idle more smoothly. Just changed those to 0 on my sportster today and didnt really notice a difference. Like anything, i guess it depends on the bike!