"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Finally rode some twisties....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally rode some twisties....

This past Saturday morning I stopped by my brother's house in Plymouth, Massachusetts for coffee. He was out in the driveway fixing his 16 yo son's pickup truck. I grabbed some coffee and went out to the driveway. He tells me "I'll be about an hour, if you want why don't you take my Harley out for a ride". I dumped the coffee in the bushes and headed for the garage. As I pull his King out to the drive he says "Take your time".

Everywhere around his house is nothing but twisty roads and hills... so off I went. It was a blast... like no other riding I have ever done. I had to ride apprehensively as I did not really know the roads well, and with being fall there were large wet maple and oak leaves in the roads. He had his bike lowered and I thought it handeled a little better in the curves than mine.

I came to a highway that leads to Cape Cod, I jumped on it and headed south. I returned his bike an hour and a half or so later with an extra 110 miles on it. He asked how I thought it handled and I told him great, but his handelbars suck for distance. The grips are down near your knees and he told me they were the same ones he had on his police bike when he was a motorcop.

He was a bit surprised when he ask where I rode , replying "That's like 100 miles roundtrip". I told him; "right that bike needs to be ridden". He has never gone 100 miles on a bike, I don't think he has gone 75 miles on one. Hopefully I put it in his head to get out and ride it. He and his friends trailer their bikes to Bike Week in Laconia, NH..... and it's only 130 miles one way.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:19 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Good for you Steve, now your ready for the Dragon. When you coming back from commie land? Dont bring back any bad habits with ya.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:29 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Good for you Steve, now your ready for the Dragon. When you coming back from commie land? Dont bring back any bad habits with ya.

lol !!! Got back about an hour ago. They thought it was funny when I told them that a friend of mine to refers MA as commie-land. My brother is looking forward to his daughter going to college and him and his wife moving down here... then we will have two more damn yankees.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla
He has never gone 100 miles on a bike, I don't think he has gone 75 miles on one. Hopefully I put it in his head to get out and ride it. He and his friends trailer their bikes to Bike Week in Laconia, NH..... and it's only 130 miles one way.
Poor Road King

Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Just make sure he finally reads the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and the Constitution before he comes down. Might want to start taking courses in American english now, lobster not lobsta hehehe.

Originally Posted by SoFla
lol !!! Got back about an hour ago. They thought it was funny when I told them that a friend of mine to refers MA as commie-land. My brother is looking forward to his daughter going to college and him and his wife moving down here... then we will have two more damn yankees.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:18 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Now you know why I make 3 trips a year to the twisties.

CAUTION: Twisty riding can produce severe boredom when you return to FL roadways.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:20 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure he finally reads the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and the Constitution before he comes down. Might want to start taking courses in American english now, lobster not lobsta hehehe.
Can always get Sunpass to translate..he speaks that yankee chit fluently...

Old 10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

So true.

Originally Posted by cHarley
Now you know why I make 3 trips a year to the twisties.

CAUTION: Twisty riding can produce severe boredom when you return to FL roadways.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:01 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

funny... last night my brother, his wife, and I went out for drinks. We were sitting at the bar (bahh?), and as we were getting ready to leave two women came up and asked if anyone was sitting at the seats next to us. Jokingly I replied "yeah, you are"... as I was walkling away, I heard one of the women say "Where was the R in that you ahh....?". I chuckled as I walked away. But as I thought of it I went back and sat dsown next to her and said "you know, it's pretty bad that I have been living in Florida for 11 years, and someone from Massachusetts busts on me for not pronouncing my r's." We all started laughing and she informed me that she has been a Floridaian for 6 years (Ft. Myers) and she was up visiting family.

Guess I need to get out and about this week and learn how to start talking right.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
So true. Let the addiction begin. Hee heee hee

I'm in front here, our GA Crew buddy Ben is right behind me and closing fast. LOL Also notice the leather jackets. It never got out of the 60s up here today. Burrrrr.

Quick Reply: Finally rode some twisties....