"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Confession of STUPIDITY...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by StonerGlide
Now go get somebody to blast that stone with ultrasound and quit suffering!
Got the call to schedule the appointment today.

TWO STINKIN' WEEKS!!!!!!!!! Really?

I'm comforted by the fact that if'n I start a temp of 101*, they'll "rush it up" cuz that's a "game changer" as they call it.

This machine rides around in a van... I'm sure the whole shebang costs a bazillion bux. Think I'm gonna see about financing a brand new model. Doc says it's about a 21k proceedure...figgure I'l run a discount and only charge a mere 15k. The insurance companys will love that! Keep the sumbitch runnin' 24/7, and get my money back in a year. It's all pure gravy after that!!!

Anybody else want in on a huge investment return??

Hell continues...

Beav

Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by StonerGlide
Beav, sorry to hear about your incident and pray all will heal quickly (really sorry to hear about your bladder eerrr pregnancy but that's another story).
Bad decision but price paid, don't beat yourself up to bad or it will stay in your head when you don't really need it there!
As you know me and Penny crashed back on the 10th, hadn't had anything to drink, straight road and around 1 PM on a beautiful Saturday, FREAKIN DEER.
Belevie me brother I was very proud of never having been down while riding street for 44 years now and as PoorBoy can atest I will twist a grip and lay her over to sharpen the floorboards! That record is shot to Hell and trust me as I sit here having trouble breathing with fractured ribs and stitches sticking out of my elbow and my leg aching, not to mention hearing my wife laying in bed moaning just from rolling over (and not what she should be moaning from) I do know how you feel.
Fortunately we were riding with friends and there was someone there to help, I keep thinking about the ride to Hiawassee that Wednesday night up 129 then 75 Alt and then 17 to 76 in the pitch black by ourselves. Could have had the same crash then and might not have been so lucky or even been found.
Problem is that we get to this age and experience level and something like this happens and we beat ourself up thinking we should know better (and we do we just choose to ignore our own knowledge), real bitch is that once ya stop learning life lessons then somebody is about to close the lid on the box and drop your *** in a hole!

Glad you both are still here to continue school brother!!

Once both our scoots are fixed Penny and I look forward to meeting you both and riding off like nothing happened (I'll be the one groaning in pain as we take off , ribs don't heal like they used to).

Now go get somebody to blast that stone with ultrasound and quit suffering!
Not to hijack Beav's thread, but am so sorry to hear that you and Penny crashed from and altercation with a deer. Damn the luck and as you said, at 1PM in the afternoon no less. Sounds like you guys were very lucky it wasn't worse too. Wishing everyone a very speedy recovery!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beav,

Very glad you are both OK.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:19 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beav - I only just now saw this thread. I am very happy that you and Kari are both OK!

Thanks for sharing your story with the Crew. That situation is only right around the corner from all of us riders. Things happen so fast on a bike.

Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, and even more so with only 1 or two adult beverages in your system. I used to have beers with my buds all the time while out riding... but no more. Reflexes slow as we get older, and alcohol only makes that worse. There is precious little time to respond to events when riding a motorcycle without it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you and Kari. I'm very happy that your accident wasn't more serious, and that you are both on the mend. Hope to see you riding again soon!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:02 AM
pjciii
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beav
glad to hear that the 2 of you are ok. my own experiance has tought me that 2 things that do not mix with 2 wheels are testosterone and alcohol and you dont want to be riding close to someone when it's their turn to learn. Bikes can be replaced but the 2 of you are origionals. God's speed in recovering.
patrick

Old 09-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw this. I can't imagine what that must have been like. I'm glad you two are ok and that the wounds will heal. Thanks for sharing.

I've always been in the school of no drinks while riding a bike. And rarely do I ever drink anymore. I stopped when I knew I had a kid on the way, and that was nearly 22 yrs ago. Too many nights I drove home, but I couldn't tell you which way I went.

It was great to have met you two today.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Royal271
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post. Very glad y'all are ok. Perhaps someone else will learn from your mistake and this post will save a life.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Uncle Nick
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob

Nick, I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint.

The front seat of a motorcycle is the the functional equivalent of the
left seat in an airplane cockpit, where the "pilot-in-command" sits.

ALL responsibility for a safe ride, or flight, rests with the "pilot-in-command", period.

Beav gets full credit, and my respect, for understanding this fundamental principle.

In my 49 years as a biker, and 31 years as a pilot, I have never
expected a passenger to tell me how to safely operate my machine.

My prayers go out to Beav and his wife for a speedy recovery,
and hopefully a lesson well learned.

Bob-
Hi Bob,

I agree that I wouldn't ever expect a passenger to tell me how to ride, I just meant that the passenger has a responsibility as well.

I once gave a friend a lift home when he was too drunk to ride his own bike, I was stone cold sober.
It's not an experience I'd like to repeat.
His reactions were all delayed, like cornering and similar as well as very unpredictable.

But either way we're singing from the same song sheet - no drinking when on the bike.