Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrinkled RKC Bag Lids

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:04 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wrinkled RKC Bag Lids

As you can tell from my sig pic, my left bag has this issue. Got a tip to try the dressing, which I did apply liberally. I think having heat helps a lot, since Washington has a lot of moisture. The dressing didn't work by itself (left it on overnight, but in the garage); when the heat hits it, it shrinks right up. I think I'll dry the dressing with a blow dryer and see if that works. The sun actually came out yesterday and I happened to look at the bag--it was tighter than a bull's a** at fly-time, so I know this should work.
I used ordinary Harley product--leather dressing that I got with the RKC. If you're using something different, please post.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Beertapper
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I use Montona Pitch Blend http://www.foxcreekleather.com/leathercare.phtml The cleaner & dressing work great. Use it on your leather jacket too.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 AM
RKCustom07
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where were you guys last night...? I posted on this same topic. I went to the stealer today and reported the problem to him. He was all to happy to tell me that the saddlebags aren't covered under warranty. He then proceeded to say, well, wait a minute, I know I saw a tech release about this issue (as if to give me false hope that maybe, just maybe, they were going to own up to something)...lemmesee...I know it's here somewhere...

He looked and looked and looked (I was almost impressed since he had been a royal jerk up until this point...Anyone who has had any service at Palm Beach Harley Davidson knows what I am talking about. Everyone told me to take it to Treasure Coast. But no, I took it where I bought it...) Anyhow, he finally FOUND it and was so elated as he read it outloud in a very enthusiastic manner. In summary, it said that this condition happens and we as owners are just SOL!

In any case, after riding the bike around today in almost 90 degree weather, I noticed that the leather has tightened up. I bought some of the Harley leather conditioner. Hopefully with your suggestions I can get it to how it should be.

Thanks for the info!