Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try this battery Lightning Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Mach1crazy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try this battery Lightning Start

Has anyone tried WPX30L-LS Lightning Start 600+ CCA Battery. The reviews on Amazon are extremely high. I want to get your opinion if you ever used this battery. For 07 sg.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to know also. Do a lot of touring on the back roads and would hate have a battery fail. I have always used the HD batteries, but would like a good battery that is less $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Old 02-07-2015, 01:57 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

That's roughly twice as powerful in CCA (cold cranking amps) terms as the original battery, which may just be overkill unless you have a highly tuned engine. It would probably die of boredom starting stock or near stock engines! Battery technology has leapt forward in recent times, but that sounds just a bit over the top! Also check that it is the correct dimensions to fit your battery tray.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Mach1crazy
Intermediate

I assume no one has any experience with the above mentioned battery

Old 02-08-2015, 06:57 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach1crazy
Has anyone tried WPX30L-LS Lightning Start 600+ CCA Battery. The reviews on Amazon are extremely high. I want to get your opinion if you ever used this battery. For 07 sg.
I've had that battery in my bike for a little over a year and a half. I will buy the same battery again when this one craps out. I really like the extra CCA on hot days.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 02-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Mach1crazy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SBates08
I've had that battery in my bike for a little over a year and a half. I will buy the same battery again when this one craps out. I really like the extra CCA on hot days.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!
Thanks for your imput

Old 02-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Hogster 1
Tourer

Originally Posted by grbrown
That's roughly twice as powerful in CCA (cold cranking amps) terms as the original battery, which may just be overkill unless you have a highly tuned engine. It would probably die of boredom starting stock or near stock engines! Battery technology has leapt forward in recent times, but that sounds just a bit over the top! Also check that it is the correct dimensions to fit your battery tray.
China. Who bought up ALL of the non ferrous metal is now selling us batteries that are WAY substandard of what we are used to.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:06 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

east penn mfg. makes the battery then hd sticker goes on it, or auto zone sticker or craftsmen sticker. I bought the exact battery from "batteries are us" saved 40. 50. $ can't remember, but a ton of money.
mine had 2 different stickers in the box with the bat. HD does not make batteries.
kroozeabout.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:19 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,274 Likes on 11,144 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogster 1
China. Who bought up ALL of the non ferrous metal is now selling us batteries that are WAY substandard of what we are used to.
What is this claim based upon?

Old 02-26-2015, 08:26 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't have this battery. I do have one with the same specs... it came with a 5 year warranty. Mine is light gray in color.
It's the only battery I have used that will turn my 113 over good so it will crank rather easy. With other battery's if it doesn't crank rather quick it will pull the battery down.
I have had to wait for the battery to get back up from trying to crank it. It can be stubborn when it's hot sometimes.
On most bikes it is a overkill but it has it's advantages. As long as the stator is working properly it will carry more of a load.

Quick Reply: Anyone try this battery Lightning Start