Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Bikes "Bagger" Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Bikes "Bagger" Magazine

Today while lookin through the bike magazines at my local Barnes and Noble store I came across the current issue of Hot Bikes "Bagger" magazine. Having heard about the magazine, and not having seen one before, I decided to purchase it and have a look see for myself.

Well to make a long story short. In MY opinion, it doesn't hold a candle to the American Bagger magazine. I wasn't real impressed by the photo quality or the story line of their articles...
After reading the new magazine from front to back, I decided I probably would not send in a subscription. At least until they bring it up to the standards I expect for my money...

Just my opinion, and as you all know, we all have opinions...

Old 05-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Puzzled
Banned
Default RE: Hot Bikes "Bagger" Magazine

I agree with your assement of Hot Bike Bagger. To me it looks like they used some leftover footage from Hot Bike and changed the cover. It appears as if it is just a hald azzedattempt to compete with American Bagger. I say that in the sense it doesn't look like they are serious about it, look at the advertisers. Chopper chit in a Bagger magazine. I want to see Bagger related ads and products. American Bagger looks as if they approached their magazine with the goal of being the best Bagger mag out there. Than again what do I know.......

Old 05-04-2007, 11:02 PM
bvette94
Tourer

I thought the first edition of baggers was better than the second one. When the second edition came out i was looking forward to it but after i read it i was disapointed.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 PM
scarygt
Road Master

After buying the first two of American Bagger and Hot Bike Bagger.. I've decided that both mags are kind of boring. I think it would be good winter reading, but during the summer I can just hop on my king and I'm satisfied. I probably won't subscribe to either... I think they will run out of original stuff real quick. But I'm also very sick of chopper mags... how many choppers can you look at without being bored!!!! I've been buying American Rider when i notice good ride articals in it. I don't know what mags to get anymore... they all seem the same. Only one subscription that I never get bored with.... is Playboy (TNA never get old and boring!!!!).

Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 PM
SMT
Tourer

Easyriders bro...they started it all.
www.easyriders.com

Old 05-04-2007, 11:46 PM
scarygt
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SMT

Easyriders bro...they started it all.
www.easyriders.com
I've found that I really like "In the Wind" by Easyriders... it is just a fun picture book of normal (well not always) people riding their bikes. I do like this mag and enjoy looking at it.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:12 AM
JohnC88
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bvette94

I thought the first edition of baggers was better than the second one. When the second edition came out i was looking forward to it but after i read it i was disapointed.
My sentiment exactly.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:40 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I subscribe to easyriders for the 'articles' and 'ads' Actually, when I bought my first copy, I had no idea it had naked girls in it. Like playboy with choppers. BONUS. the wifey didn't care for it, but she is the one who subscribed it for me. Why? you may ask? I was at Hastings (local book store) and was in line with my new copy and there was a guy in front of me with the same mag. I told the wife, look, his ol' lady lets him get it. He then turned to the wife and I and said..."actually I am gay, but this is the best biker magazine." The wife went home and signed me up.I guess, if he (the fruit)was buying it and not caring about the pictures, she shouldn't either.

I have read hot bagger and american bagger and like them both. Heck, I like anything that talks about Harley's. Even when the articles don't exactly pertain to my rk custom. Any, and all, information I can absorb about any Harley the better. IMHO

Old 05-05-2007, 10:51 AM
cwilks
Banned

Hot Bike's "Bagger" magazine is just a fishing expedition by Hot Bike to see if there's enough interest to actually become serious with production.They're obviously not trying very hard and think they can half *** their attempt to squeeze money from us bagger guys. American Bagger has gotten much better since they came out but they still have a ways to go IMO.