Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never thought I would like a fairing........

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Never thought I would like a fairing........

........................I had a Road King and Fatboy. I was wind in the face rider. Had no interest in fairings. Then the Street Glide came out and caught my attention. Finally rode one last December. Thoughtit was really nice. I like that stereo and the wind protection. Starting looking for a Street Glide and ended up with an Ultra Classic. Rode it home in 45 degree weather (cold for So Cal) and was perfectly comfortable; loved it because I could now ride in weather I would not have otherwise ridden in on the other two bikes.

Then I got a removable fairing for the Road King.I loved that one also. I have seena number of remarks that once you putthe fairingon you will never take it off or if you want a fairing on your bike get one with a permanent fairing.

Well here's the way I am seeing it. Having a Road King with a removable fairing is like having a convertible automobile. Most folks drive around with the top up most of the time and put is down when the mood (weather) suits them. That's howI use the Road King with the fairing. Yes, it is on the bike most of the time. However when the mood strikes I can remove it in less than 5 minutes. When I'm done it takes 5 minutesto put it back on the bike until the mood strikes again. It's convertible; a pretty good combination if you ask me. I am surprised Harley Davidson doesn't offer a model (Road King Convertible?) with this feature.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Never thought I would like a fairing........

Fast Eddie, I know exactly what you mean.

Those with out the option don't know what they are missing.

Mine stays on most the time as well.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:44 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is on most of the time as well, but the thought that I can take it off when ever I want...............Priceless. Those that have should post in the thread, just to get a good gathering of the "Convertables".

Old 05-10-2007, 10:40 PM
rushguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my RK and I already know I'm gonna end up with a Quadzilla or something. There are days I just love to ride with no windshield and days when I want it on..why not have the cool looks and music on those days.