Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why buy a harley

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 AM
TRTSTREET
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why buy a harley

went to my dealer today that i bought my SG from for the 1000 mile service and stage 1,took a while so me and the wife sat around talking to workers and other riders(normal trip to the dealer)sunny day out and gettin stage1 really wanted to go ride started looking like rain out and us without our raingear,so they get my glide done 5 mins. later im paying and its starts to pour(great) so we hang around for while waiting for storm to pass,wife gets them look up radar on net (rain everywhere just my luck) found out just how good my dealer is two different salesman offered to leave my bike and they would take us home(i couldnt do that i live 60 miles from the dealer but they dont mind) long story short my wife hates rain so im about to bite the bullet and buy 2 new rain suits at 100 a piece and salesman comes over says if your gonna ride dont buy new suits we have some we use take these and just bring them back next time your in shop. To me thats a big deal, how many non HD riders can say they got this kinda service from their dealer i used to be and i never got this kinda service from anybody except HD, thats why you buy harley just thought someone might like to hear this,oh yea, (Bumpus HD in murfreesboro,tn is where i bought)

Old 05-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: why buy a harley

Yea man! Seems to me the HD dealers are much more likely to: 1) talk to customers who are not necessarily looking to buy a new bike; 2) go out of their way to help folks, like your situation; 3)really be interested in motorcycles in general.

thnaks for letting us know!

Old 05-12-2007, 01:44 AM
nelsonrl
Cruiser

Nice to hear of good experiences every once in a while.

Old 05-12-2007, 01:47 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

That's pretty amazing. I had a similar experience at Johnnie Davis HD of Alexandria, LA--a small-town, mom-and-pop dealership that had been in the area for decades. He sold out sometime back to a bunch of lawyers and you know the rest of the story.

Anyway, in 1997 I was looking for docking hardware for my '96 RK and they were backordered everywhere. Nobody had them, but on a whim I called Davis HD and Mr. Johnny answered. To my surprise he had the part, he asked for my address, and then said "It'll go out today." Whoa, there! What about my CC number? "Oh, don't worry about it. Just send me a check when you get the parts." I heard later that he had a reputation for that kind of service to out-of-towners who were stranded with repairs, etc., and needed a helping hand. I don't think that'll ever happen again in my lifetime.

The following users liked this post:
g17 (11-06-2022)
Old 05-12-2007, 02:29 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had a Honda and a Kawasaki before my Harley. Nearly all my experiences with the metric dealers was less than pleasant. They seem never to be in a good mood or ready to help. Exact opposite at Harley. Everyone in the dealership has been very helpful and some have really gone out of their way to help.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:46 AM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

Good story, to bad we all cant be that helpful.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:02 AM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

very nice of 'em. That is a good dealership... goin the extra mile!

Old 05-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Darryl88
Road Captain

nice to here good storys once in awhile

Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I wishI had a good experience to share like that. I will say that the guys that work in the service dept at my local HD shop have made efforts to be as kind as possible. Me being new to Harley, they haven't seemed to mind answering questions for me. That is why I LOVE this forum. Always at least one guy out there to help me out. It leaves me with a good feeling about our fellow man. I just wish you jokers lived closer to me. I would love to go hang out and watch you guys do a build, even get a lil' dirty myself. I have always loved working with my hands, I just don't have all the knowledge I need to do all the mods I would like to perform myself. I am learning, but seeing something in person would help me out.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Ben U

I can honestly say the entire service department, sales department, and parts department at the dealership in Leesburg is just like that. I can't tell you how many times they've gone out of their way for me. While I do my own service and do not use them for working on my bike, I do use them anytime I need HD parts or accessories. Best service I've received from anywhere, hands down! They've even gone out of their way to show me how to on certain services on my bike.

Quick Reply: why buy a harley