Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eitms

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 11:25 AM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for replies guys my original question was should there be a value in my tune .Thank you s76 helipilot for answering original question

Old 07-07-2016, 12:25 PM
rusty289
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott
Thanks for replies guys my original question was should there be a value in my tune .Thank you s76 helipilot for answering original question

Lol!

Yeah that thread kinda went sideways there didn't it?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

I was missing the party apparently...it never turned on for my '16 RK, even on a 108 degree day.....

Reading the procedure here I turned it "off" then "on" again yesterday. Today in 66 degree traffic light stop it came on...now I get it. Yeah, sounds a little strange, and I did feel the need to wake it up as light was changing. I did notice less heat at the stop.

Just thought I'd mention this for all the guys saying "it's never come on"...mine hadn't either as set from the factory/dealer until I cycled it, or dealer shut it off and never mentioned. I'm leaving it on for now as comfort was improved and I can live with the sound.

Last edited by Thingfish; 07-07-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys are funny. Nobody paying attention.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:50 AM
too many scooters
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the real truth on EITMS

Sorry so long.................I have a completely stock 08 FLHX and several months ago added the HD OEM cruise control kit and had the dealer activate it for me. The cruise control function works just fine, the indicate light in the tach lights up orange when the faring switch is on and when I activated the handlebar switch it goes to green. Now several months later I have discover my scooter should have EITMS and here is my problem. Everything I've read and was told by the HD service dept is that I can by myself activate the fuel management system (EITMS): with ignition in the on position, cruise faring switch turned on, engine run switch in run position, (engine not running) then roll the throttle forward far as possible - hold it until the cruise control light blinks from "red to green". I've done that and the light never blinks nor changes any color. My manual says that the EITMS is an "optional dealer enabled engine calibration" for original equipment engines with cruise control. My scooter did not come with cruise, I went to the dealer and asked them to turn on the EITMS....they said they do not activate the system that I should do this with the handle bar switch even after I explained I had added the cruise control function and it was not built from the factory that way. What the heck is going on here, is it possible I am missing that optional dealer engine calibration that the manual talks about because I am assuming it was done only to the bikes that were built from the factory with cruise control?

Old 05-06-2018, 05:38 PM
too many scooters
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I learned this "comfort control feature" should be on my 2008 FLHX which I had purchased in 2014, I was curious if it really was activated or not. So I called my local dealer and they said I could turn on/off this feature IAW the manual. So there was nothing in my FLHX touring manual on how to activated/deactivate this feature so they told me verbally how to do it. Everything they told me did not work so I took the bike to the dealer and they hooked up the ECM to their computer and told me that feature is active. Come to find out that this new feature in the first year that only dealers could active/deactivate (not sure if 07 or 08 was first year) but in any case the next year 2009 the owner could activate this feature just like the dealer was telling me to do. The dealer must have thought I was an idiot because I could not get the activation on or off but come to find out only they can do it on my scooter.

Last edited by too many scooters; 05-06-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:11 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

yeah I hear that, I was wondering if I should leave it on or reflash tune to turn it off ...thats work on my part and hate to think I could f***up my precious $$$ tune
Did not like the bike jumping around on 1 cylinder.
Got a fan with a thermal switch . now cause,symptoms and issue is gone.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:50 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by too many scooters
When I learned this "comfort control feature" should be on my 2008 FLHX which I had purchased in 2014, I was curious if it really was activated or not. So I called my local dealer and they said I could turn on/off this feature IAW the manual. So there was nothing in my FLHX touring manual on how to activated/deactivate this feature so they told me verbally how to do it. Everything they told me did not work so I took the bike to the dealer and they hooked up the ECM to their computer and told me that feature is active. Come to find out that this new feature in the first year that only dealers could active/deactivate (not sure if 07 or 08 was first year) but in any case the next year 2009 the owner could activate this feature just like the dealer was telling me to do. The dealer must have thought I was an idiot because I could not get the activation on or off but come to find out only they can do it on my scooter.
EITMS was originally a dealer flash option on the 2007 touring. in 2008, early builds, it continued to be a dealer enabled option. then later in the my build, it was changed that the owner could enable/disable it. for 2007 and early 2008, you could have the dealer enable it, and if you didn't like it, you could have them disable it. once. after that, you had to pay.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:56 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 221 Posts

I think it works great, no problems with it here. I never disable it.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:38 AM
dwl25
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

If you have a Power Vision tuner did you update your tune? When I got mine I di not and noticed on the computer that it was not ticked and the values were not the same as the stock tune. I asked and got some help but not what I needed to do and that was update the tune.

With the Power Vision plugged in to your computer in WinPV go to the Power Vision tab and select update tune. It should fix your EITMS issues. It did mine.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Eitms